Cork Footballers

You can respect their decision to go hurling of course. But why can’t football make a decision that if you leave our cause we don’t want you back? Why can’t that decision be respected?
Because they are amateur players and most are young when they make the decision.

You can respect their decision to go hurling of course. But why can’t football make a decision that if you leave our cause we don’t want you back? Why can’t that decision be respected?
Because you haven't made a case to persuade why such a decision would have benefits. You have simply stated it as a decision. Without a logical argument made in favor of such a decision, how is it possible to evaluate such a decision? I've heard it from a former Cork manager too, but I haven't heard a logical reason why we think it would achieve what presumably you want to achieve.

Make the case for it, and we can consider it here in our discussion.

In general, I'd prefer to concentrate on things that make football attractive to be part of, rather than things that make football unattractive to leave.

You win some you lose some, Hayes is gone but Thomas Clancy is back involved. Different positions obviously and age profiles, but as it stands Clancy will add more to the team than will be lost by the departure of Hayes.

Now if Cleary has any sense he’d be knocking on the door of the 2 Whites and David Lowney to get them involved. Having our strongest panel available would really put us on the strongest footing for 2023.

Maybe that’s the real issue with Cork football, the football man himself
Careful - I had been agreeing with you until I see you pointing to me as the problem ;-)

Seriously though - and to actually agree with you - those of us who are football people (and I know it's a continuum really so the label is somewhat too much of a generalization) need to understand that the people to change Cork football are football people. If football is not working, it's down to football people. If you think anything else, then you're saying it's out of our control and we rely on the charity of others. We don't need to.

(BTW I'm not actually that pessimistic about Cork football - I see us coming again)

Careful - I had been agreeing with you until I see you pointing to me as the problem ;-)

Seriously though - and to actually agree with you - those of us who are football people (and I know it's a continuum really so the label is somewhat too much of a generalization) need to understand that the people to change Cork football are football people. If football is not working, it's down to football people. If you think anything else, then you're saying it's out of our control and we rely on the charity of others. We don't need to.

(BTW I'm not actually that pessimistic about Cork football - I see us coming again)
That’s it really, choose the best panel available and get on with it, this constant whining about players lost to the cause does nothing except give the perception that the football man is just a reactionary figure and not the visionary needed

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼