Cork Footballers

without the games on TV I have no idea who all is missing these goal chances. I believe I heard at least one from Maguire today if not two. I’d love to have info on who has been squandering them. They have to be more clinical.
Only goal chance I saw was Shanleys (?) open goal miss against Cavan. He palms the ball the same height the ball was floating rather than downwards to make sure it’s a goal. That lack of thinking is a big reason why Cork football is as bad as it is.

Good result by the Rebels. Well done to the players and John Cleary. That was a sticky one to get over.
Corbett made a big difference starting.
Deane big impact in the 2nd half
Hurley puts his hands up as team leader and played excellently as he usually does outside the big stadiums.
Lads, be realistic here, We won the match by one point.
The ref was very kind to us throughout the game and he could have given Fermanagh one chance to level the game.
He blew the full time whistle straight after the Cork kick out after Fermanagh scored a point to bring the game to a one Point game.
Chris Kelly pulled off 2 brilliant saves during the game.
Fermanagh Kicked 3 balls into our Goalkeepers hands and had 3 or 4 wide balls in the first half.
I don't agree that "Dean made a big impact". He kept taking the Ball into Traffic and was dispossessed.
Hurley puts his hands up as team leader and played excellently as he usually does outside the big stadiums
Brian Hurley scored 1 point from Play - The Fermanagh 14 scored 4 from play
one of the The Fermanagh wing Backs scored 3 points (2 from play & a mark) and the other scored 2 from Play
We scored 7 points from frees they scored 3. Our Half backs scored 1 point (Mattie Taylor).
For me Corbett made a big impact on the Game. He got some great scores and was a target man inside which could have been used more in my opinion.
I can't understand why Buckley is being left on the Bench. He was man of the match against Kerry in the McGrath Cup final v's Kerry, Scored 1.12 for MTU last month & Was also Man of the Match in the Senior A Final with Newcestown back in November when he scored 9 points.

Lads, be realistic here, We won the match by one point.
The ref was very kind to us throughout the game and he could have given Fermanagh one chance to level the game.
He blew the full time whistle straight after the Cork kick out after Fermanagh scored a point to bring the game to a one Point game.
Fermanagh Kicked 3 balls into our Goalkeepers hands and had 3 or 4 wide balls in the first half.
I don't agree that "Dean made a big impact". He kept taking the Ball into Traffic and was dispossessed.

one of the The Fermanagh wing Backs scored 3 points (2 from play & a mark) and the other scored 2 from Play
We scored 7 points from frees they scored 3. Our Half backs scored 1 point (Mattie Taylor).
For me Corbett made a big impact on the Game. He got some great scores and was a target man inside which could have been used more in my opinion.
I can't understand why Buckley is being left on the Bench. He was man of the match against Kerry in the McGrath Cup final v's Kerry, Scored 1.12 for MTU last month & Was also Man of the Match in the Senior A Final with Newcestown back in November when he scored 9 points.
I made the trip up. My good god. The first half was worse than anything you would see in junior B. We should have been down more at half time. Second half was much better. Mark Cronin didn’t deserve to be taken off at all, he was the only one showing. Corbett was an option inside. The wing forwards 😳😳 I don’t think they have a defense system or else it’s just let everyone run down the middle.

How are Sherlock and Powter are not starting is truly beyond me. Both made a big impact like

Can Cork gaa not provide some kind of livestream for these matches
They have almost all club games and you can even get the school games on clubber or Munster gaa how do they not have anything for matches that literally decide if they’ll be playing for Sam maguire in a few months

The ref blew the whistle in the 8th minute of extra time!! That was a minute longer than the 7 mins called out to play.
Cork missed 4-5 goal chances again

His direct style was a big improvement and caused problems for the opposition
Hurley scored 8 points, 7 from frees. When I was going to school 8 points was massive shooting in football any day.
Corbett played very well scoring 2 I think. The incredible sideline ball (which should have been disallowed) & a mark. He didn’t score from play.
Today was a huge win. Well done to all

The ref blew the whistle in the 8th minute of extra time!! That was a minute longer than the 7 mins called out to play.

Cork missed 4-5 goal chances again

His direct style was a big improvement and caused problems for the opposition

Hurley scored 8 points, 7 from frees. When I was going to school 8 points was massive shooting in football any day.
Corbett played very well scoring 2 I think. The incredible sideline ball (which should have been disallowed) & a mark. He didn’t score from play.
Today was a huge win. Well done to all
Why should it be disallowed?

Big win for the lads, another win against Kildare and 4 pts is a decent tally then as Louth and Fermanagh won't pick up too many more points. We'll rattle Armagh big time too, we're suffering against the teams we "should" be beating but when we play the big teams we're arguably more effective.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Gerald Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼