Cork Footballers

Good question! He probably won’t be asked, but in past years if hurlers were knocked out, eligible players were asked to focus on football. Brian Corcoran and Sean Og O Hailpin for example. Brian Hayes would definitely be an asset to footballers!
Yep exactly should be brough in right away.Look at Eoin O Donnell last year was brought straight in by the Dublin Footballers the minute the hurlers went out of the champ.

Brian Hayes isn't a hurler?? Jesus wept, I've said it here before but you are without one of the thickest c8nts on this forum. Shouldn't you be in bed anyway, with school in the morning :ROFLMAO:
Im not really two interested in your opinion.
I go to every football match Mcrath Cup,League and Champ.Was in Navan sat U my friend are a hurling follower First and Foresmost please so ur comments dont really bother me.This is a Football site and Brian Hayes is a far better Footballer than hurler if he plays or not with Cork that a different matter.

Look, there are of course players on the hurling panel (all good hurlers) who could make good footballers at this level. But even if they become available now, they will be unavailable again for 2024 unless football becomes their number one sporting priority. We're serious about building a football panel to win All-Ireland winning football team in an upcoming year, if we fail to win it this year (which despite its improbability, certainly remains the immediate aim as long as we are in it - and I'm sure the management and panel are determined to give it a rattle).

In that context, a player would have to be viewed as already outstanding and committed, so as to come in at this late stage to play on the B team to test the As in training. And I suspect that with matches coming thick and fast now, that there isn't actually a lot of that - so it seems an unlikely factor.

I have no view beyond that, as the management know far far more and I trust them. No point either in being distracted by it - there are more immediately important things to work on. Looking forward to the Kerry match on Saturday.

Totally agree Dagame ,while i follow both was in Navan and Limerick over the weekend anyone with the smallest bit of GAA will acknowledge that B.Hayes is a far better footballer than hurler. He may prove to be what the hurlers want in the next few year ,but imho is more likely to develop splinters in his arse just like Cadogen and Walsh did in 2013.
Back to the game i was a good performance by the lads we were beginning to pull away when again not for the 1st time this year we left a team back into the game. Dont understand the selection of C og Jones over Sherlock,while Jones got on a lot of ball,he seems reluctant to shoot where as Sherlock will shoot from anywhere
Special mention for John o Rourks for his dive in among the get poccession and win a free in the last minute.
PS met Cork supporters who had travelled from Cavan, Newry,Dundalk Castlebar and Omagh

PS met Cork supporters who had travelled from Cavan, Newry,Dundalk Castlebar and Omagh

I had intended to cast the net up there for a brief meet-up, but the accident on the way up delayed us so there wasn't enough time before the match.

Surprisingly small (but real GAA) Louth crowd, considering the importance of the match and how close it is to Louth. And more Cork than I had expected.

Special mention for John o Rourks for his dive in among the get poccession and win a free in the last minute.
Seconded. Epitomized the level of commitment from the team on the day. While Louth (a good team) got back into it, Cork again took control by absolute commitment, and at the same time sticking with doing the right things.

Totally agree Dagame ,while i follow both was in Navan and Limerick over the weekend anyone with the smallest bit of GAA will acknowledge that B.Hayes is a far better footballer than hurler. He may prove to be what the hurlers want in the next few year ,but imho is more likely to develop splinters in his arse just like Cadogen and Walsh did in 2013.
Back to the game i was a good performance by the lads we were beginning to pull away when again not for the 1st time this year we left a team back into the game. Dont understand the selection of C og Jones over Sherlock,while Jones got on a lot of ball,he seems reluctant to shoot where as Sherlock will shoot from anywhere
I think both have contrasting strength's. COJ is a good ball winner and quick - Sherlock is neither. Whereas Sherlock is an out and out shooter and doesn't let the odd miss effect him, COJ is lacking a bit of confidence in this department. Strong argument could be made to start either or both.

I think as COJ adapts to this level, he will eventually prove the better option. It feels like Sherlock will always struggle playing against mass defences at IC level. That being said, when he's good he can be unplayable.

Looking at COJ's overall play, I think he's very close to having a huge impact and banging a couple of goals in a game...

Should a number of Cork Senior Hurlers who play Senior Football with their clubs now be available to train with the Cork Senior Football team.
It has happened before ( albeit a few years ago)

Should a number of Cork Senior Hurlers who play Senior Football with their clubs now be available to train with the Cork Senior Football team.
It has happened before ( albeit a few years ago)
I seen Donoghue playing with scarra last year in a few games at CF and would have no problem playing senior football for cork . Imagine if two Cahalane brothers played as well you’d add significantly to the football squad but won’t happen and I suppose would be unfair to lads who are training all year with the big ball.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

10th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼