Cork Footballers

Basically so you had an advantage having access to your players all year and big clubs have one hand tied behind their back with their players away for most of the year. Wouldn't be telling too many people that.
Au contraire mon ami, all clubs had access to their players for championship.

But you do raise an interesting point, maybe the difference was that while the so called elite Cork players were training under Conor Clown-ihan, all our guys were learning under the masterful tutelage of the great Haulie O’Neill. Amazing the difference good coaching can make😉

Fox please explain to me without blaming the referee again, how a Barrs team made up from 5-6 handy footballers and the rest being hurlers playing football as a hobby managed to beat the mighty Clon.
Disappointing to see a Barrs man demean his club men and their hard fought win. I credited you with more respect for your footballers that that BB, I know the other Barrs poster here has no meas or knowledge in football matters but I wouldn’t have expected it from you. Clear to see why Hayes opted to get splinters in arse for the hurlers instead of being a star for the footballers.

It amazing me how an East Cork man could manage a team to win an AI. With very few West Cork players on it.

Perhaps it was a better feat than we originally thought.

Ps I'm not sure was this answered before but I'll ask again. When was the last time a West Cork man managed Cork to a senior AI football title? Surely a West Cork man on here could enlighten me!!

It amazing me how an East Cork man could manage a team to win an AI. With very few West Cork players on it.

Perhaps it was a better feat than we originally thought.

Ps I'm not sure was this answered before but I'll ask again. When was the last time a West Cork man managed Cork to a senior AI football title? Surely a West Cork man on here could enlighten me!!
As myself and others have pointed on before, you’re looking at it the wrong way completely. Only one All-Ireland win (over the mighty Down) with that team wasn’t a success, it was a failure. Haulie ONeill would have won at least 3.

Maybe that’s the just winning mentality in Clon, or it’s the importance of football to West Cork men, but down here we don’t see 7 All Irelands (2 more than Wexford) as being enough. We want the footballers to bring Sam home at least twice every decade, and maybe if we had less anti-west cork bias over the years, we would have a lot more than 7.

As myself and others have pointed on before, you’re looking at it the wrong way completely. Only one All-Ireland win (over the mighty Down) with that team wasn’t a success, it was a failure. Haulie ONeill would have won at least 3.

Maybe that’s the just winning mentality in Clon, or it’s the importance of football to West Cork men, but down here we don’t see 7 All Irelands (2 more than Wexford) as being enough. We want the footballers to bring Sam home at least twice every decade, and maybe if we had less anti-west cork bias over the years, we would have a lot more than 7.
So do you know the answer about the manager?

And you also might answer why West Cork clubs have only won one AI club football title while the city slickers have 10 titles? Thats not much of a winning mentality now is it?

Minstrel the lack of West Cork winning managers can be explained by the ABWC (Anyone But West Cork) city brigade calling the shots.

In addition, have a look at some of the city based posters on here (Barrs, Douglas etc) and ask yourself why they would be against a heavier input from the football stronghold of West Cork?

The answer is very unsettling. The majority of these people want Cork hurling as the only show in town and try and kill any chance of footballing success.

Just look at the way the Barrs poster above disrespects his own footballers. They want us to go the way of Kilkenny, Limerick etc and see football as a roadblock.

I did not respect those who play hurling with the barrs first i was letting your friend know his club was beaten by a dual club and not a one trick pony club. I used to have a lot of respect for Clon and have and had some great friends down there but you and your colleague are tarnishing the name of a once great club.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Black Apple Bastards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼