Cork Characters

Anyone noticed a tall slim lady, 30ish, pushing around trolleys full of "rubbish"?

Was driving in the Douglas Road this morning when just past St Finbarr's Hospital traffic had slowed very dramatically, nearly to a standstill. Eventually got to see what the problem was. A shopping trolley piled high with cans and bottles and plastic and even two Dunnes Stores plastic baskets was out in the middle of the outbound lane on the bridge by the Southern Star and cars were slowly manoeuvering around it in both directions.

I pulled in, and proceeded to push the trolley onto the path by the Southern Star (still leaving plenty of room for pedestrians to pass) when this not un-attractive quite healthy looking lady came over and said "It's OK that's mine". I looked at her a bit puzzled and said "You can't just leave it in the middle of the road blocking traffic" to which she replied "Whatever".

As the obstruction was removed and traffic could move again I got back into my car I noticed she'd another similar trolley about 20 yards down the hill on Southern Road, out on the road, not even in the cycle lane.

It seems she's trying to push two very over-laden trolleys into town and couldn't give a continental who she inconveniences on her way. My daughter said she'd seen the same woman on the Ballinlough Road last week pushing one trolley that was piled high too.

Could be someone collecting discarded bottles and cans for recycling in the new return centres I guess but it wouldn't explain the various bits of plastic.
She's no lady, let me assure you. She's a mentally unstable violent c**t. Give the b***h a wide berth if you see her and do not interact with her.

She’s underneath the flyover bridge that brings you into Douglas every morning. She’d be doing her stretches and pacing up and down under the bridge. She doesn’t seem a bad looking girl and also seems fit and keeps herself clean. It makes my teen daughter sad to see her thinking she has no family and no where to live. It’s very sad tbh.

Just saw her up close for the first time today, she came in to Cork Coffee Roasters by Anglesea Street.

I had seen her in the distance 2/3 times before, and felt bad for her. I never really got a proper look. I did today, and her appearance really doesn’t fit the bill, well maintained.

What she didn’t say in the coffee shop this morning and she did so with real conviction. She hurled abuse at a city council worker, and made everyone feel uneasy.

Wow. That escalated quickly. What did she do that you'd say that about her Dennis? Thanks for the warning btw
She threatened me with a stick or a metal bar of some sort in town recently just because we bumped into each other on a narrow footpath. Shouted and roared at me with spit coming out of her mouth and said she'd have me killed as she knew the Kinahans. Completely mental, but dangerous to boot. Lovely combination. Seen her on the Douglas road carrying a kids hurley too. God only knows what that's for.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼