Cork Camogie 2022

Amy desperately unlucky not to win POTY.

Imagine the meltdown if Goldenballs below in Kerry got a hat trick in an all Ireland final and captained Kerry to win it and didn’t get POTY.

Amy desperately unlucky not to win POTY.

Imagine the meltdown if Goldenballs below in Kerry got a hat trick in an all Ireland final and captained Kerry to win it and didn’t get POTY.
3-7 versus 0-7 in the Final.
Unexplainable really.
Wouldn't be the first time Cork got shafted at an All-Star Awards and won't be the last.

Amy has her Medal that's all that matters at end of day.

3-7 versus 0-7 in the Final.
Unexplainable really.
Wouldn't be the first time Cork got shafted at an All-Star Awards and won't be the last.

Amy has her Medal that's all that matters at end of day.
It's voted for by the players so not sure how that is getting shafted. Beth Carton is an exceptional player and anyone who was at the final could see how talented she is, even playing in a team that was getting pasted.
That said I would've given POTY to Laura Treacy.

It's voted for by the players so not sure how that is getting shafted. Beth Carton is an exceptional player and anyone who was at the final could see how talented she is, even playing in a team that was getting pasted.
That said I would've given POTY to Laura Treacy.
I think and I'm open to correction if wrong but there's an All Star Committee that shortlist the nominations and then make the selections? It's not the players?
That was always my understanding.
If it's voted by the players I retract my statement.
It's not taking it away from Carton at all and I don't mean it like that but 3-7 to 0-7 in the final, as we saw with our own Hurlers in 2021 and it was quoted that players lost out due to the final performance.

Laura Tracey had an outstanding year as well, along with Saoirse McCarthy who was nominated.

I think and I'm open to correction if wrong but there's an All Star Committee that shortlist the nominations and then make the selections? It's not the players?
That was always my understanding.
If it's voted by the players I retract my statement.
It's not taking it away from Carton at all and I don't mean it like that but 3-7 to 0-7 in the final, as we saw with our own Hurlers in 2021 and it was quoted that players lost out due to the final performance.

Laura Tracey had an outstanding year as well, along with Saoirse McCarthy who was nominated.
3rd paragraph in.
2021 was a disgrace alright.

3rd paragraph in.
2021 was a disgrace alright.
Stand corrected! Strange one in one sense to have players pick in my opinion as with rivalries or any personal gripes could influence voting.
Well deserved so to Beth to have her peers all over country vote her!

Well done to all the rebel winners another award for the Cahalane clan what a family and indeed Maebh had a first cousin who just failed to win a Kerry County Senior Football Championship medal yesterday only just !

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cork Pride: Party At The Port
Kennedy Quay, Cork City

4th Aug 2024 @ 3:00 pm
More info..

Dmac Burns

The Pav, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼