cork airport to go (temporarily) BANG!

Should have been put back in place a long time ago.

Ridiculous you cant get a flight between the country's two main cities
Well there is good and bad.

If it was profitable the bold O Leary would have that route set up years ago.
They did it and they stopped.

I feel its bad because we will have the save the € 20 crowd getting a flight to Dumplin rather than taking the flight from Cork to the same destination.

As to whether or not it is viable is yet to be seen

Not sure about CEO’s but most business travel to Cork from the US comes in via Heathrow. Any flight to Dublin would be an ATR with Aerlingus regional to feed into their Dublin transatlantic network. Ryanair don’t give a shit about connections so were never going to operate a flight once the M8 was completed. As far as I know the local team at Cork Airport have resisted the Cork Dublin route in favour of getting a direct link to a hub on the East Coast. It’s telling that the DAA and Aerlingus would boast about Dublin-Cleveland and talk down Cork-JFK.

Other than the transatlantic guff I thought it was an encouraging article. 2.7 million this year, 3.5 million “soon” and 5 million by 2030 are extremely positive projections for Cork.

Shock horror the Greens are against it 🙄

Id take 22 mins in the air over the near 3 hours to go from Kent to Heuston any day of the week.
If you're taking another flight from Dublin it might make sense, but after doing it a couple of times previously just to go to city, I'd rather take the bus directly from Cork into Dublin city centre. You're in the airport in Cork an hour beforehand, plus the time it takes to get up to the airport. Then there's the flight itself. And then about another hour or more to get through Dublin Airport and into the city. And that's if there's no delay. I got stung for a 4 hour delay coming back from Dublin the last time I did it.

What Jacobs has to say about European connectivity is encouraging. Outside of the UK, the current routes are mostly for the sun. Cork badly needs some decent city break destinations. Berlin, Prague, Brussels, Vienna, Copenhagen and Budapest spring to mind. Barcelona should be all year round.
I remember flying to Barcelona in November a while back.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Stunning
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jennifer Lyons

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼