cork airport to go (temporarily) BANG!

If Shannon are still giving Ryanair the run of the place and are charging them no fees, then this will happen from time to time. They can't expect the same deal from Cork. It's probably a bigger headache for Kerry and Knock, if Ryanair use Shannon as a bargaining chip. Although I see Aer Lingus just started a Heathrow route from Knock, which is a big one for them.

If Shannon are still giving Ryanair the run of the place and are charging them no fees, then this will happen from time to time. They can't expect the same deal from Cork. It's probably a bigger headache for Kerry and Knock, if Ryanair use Shannon as a bargaining chip. Although I see Aer Lingus just started a Heathrow route from Knock, which is a big one for them.
All Aer Lingus did with that Knock flight was rather than it serving Gatwick, it is serving Heathrow instead.
Good for people up that way for connections around the world.
Shannon is Ryanair's bitch and Shannon does as she is told by them.
If that Newcastle service had the numbers I expect the likes of Emerald / Aer Lingus to start up a replacement service from Cork.

Emerald are history. They thought that they could "phase back" on the Cork Routes. Happily for us, Ryanair stepped in and now we have Jet services to the regional airports in the UK that they used to serve. Emerald is just a feeder for IAG's Dublin and Manchester hubs.

Emerald are history. They thought that they could "phase back" on the Cork Routes. Happily for us, Ryanair stepped in and now we have Jet services to the regional airports in the UK that they used to serve. Emerald is just a feeder for IAG's Dublin and Manchester hubs.
Meanwhile Emerald are in the process of setting up their first Cork route.

Yes Ryanair beat them to it after Covid, so as Ryanair lose interest/ money Emerald will step in with smaller planes.

Shame, didn't realise Barcelona Girona was gone. So it's gone from 3 routes to 'greater' Barcelona between Aer Lingus and Ryanair to just the single to Reus with Ryanair.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Living Images (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼