Car safety ads

agreed. the same year they doubled the funding for road awareness they halfed the funding for suicide.....national disgrace.

since 2000 dead on our roads.
2000 - 415
2001 - 411
2002 - 376
2003 - 335
2004 - 374
2005 - 396
2006 - 368

the last time they were achieving figures in the mid 300's was 1961-1966.
there was less than 100,000 cars on the roads.

Now we have over 2million and were all gone mad.

i fuckin hate hype and drama.

Ah but suicide isn't high-profile enough.

D'cunts.

Ah but suicide isn't high-profile enough.

D'cunts.

well for example remember your man on the kilarney bypass that did a U turn and into oncoming traffic (you can't not see the traffic if there is any) now that will be down as a road death. when either he was a blind man that decided to go driving - or deliberately did it and so a suicide - I'd say about 5% of the road deaths in this country would be suicides

If you look at the advert closely, just before the Cork registered Civic flips there is an puff of smoke at the drivers front wheel of the car. This is the pyrotechnic device placed on the road in order to flip the car.

im not on about that....i mean if you look closely you see a big air bag in the car. im on about the fact it would be impossible to re-create that accident in real life. i dont think the laws of physics would allow.

well for example remember your man on the kilarney bypass that did a U turn and into oncoming traffic (you can't not see the traffic if there is any) now that will be down as a road death. when either he was a blind man that decided to go driving - or deliberately did it and so a suicide - I'd say about 5% of the road deaths in this country would be suicides
i agree.....there has to be suicide road deathers. I mean the guy who tried to commit suicide there in cobh a while back and his brother jumped in to the car to stop him. Well his brother died in what id called a murder case.....
The driver made a decision to drive into the water when his bro refused to get out. As lady luck happens the driver got out but his brother died.
That went down as a road death.

If you wana isolate it further and break it down into pedestrians, bikes etc. then heres the scores on the doors.

117 dead total...

Pedestrians - 32
Passengers - 27
bikes - 3
motor bikes - 5
motor bike pass - 2
drivers - 48

Personally i always felt that our pedestrian fatality in this country was too high, and the government has never tried to sort it out. With stricter regulations and consequences for pedestrians and responsibility pointed at them i reckon within a year you'd half it.

How many times do shams walk out on front of a car because of impatience? How many shams cross a road where it isnt safe to do so.

Its also kinda evident from previous years that the most vunerable pedestrian is the 65+ age. Obviously not mobile, not in their senses etc and crossing roads willy nilly....

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:30pm

More events ▼