Best & Worst Airports in 'first world' countries.

My Best list.....although it depends on where you are going, and what terminal etc.

1. Zurich
2. Frankfurt
3. Schipol

Never been to Austriche, but on Frankfurt, it's O-KAY like.
Nice and modern, efficient and all that lark.

But it's grey-blue tones make it all very dark, seed, clandestine.
I'm waiting for Harrison Ford to emerge sweaty and urgently from a secret door in the corridor and do a legger.

Now, Schipol is a winner.
Love it there. Anytime I transit I feel happy.

Heathrow T-3 is the other winner.
It works so well. Really considers the traveller.

:)
Sevilla airport is shite!

I agree Lee, Schiphol is a grand airport, Charles de Gaulle is not, I've been to some odd and grim ones on my travels, West Africa and Barra soon wipes the scales from your eyes. Had a hellish experience being strip searched en-route to work in Canada at Newark, New Jersey, almost converted to Islam that day, bloody well ended up handing over my Gillette 12 pack and Gel! Bloody expensive to a Scot, talk about being over zealous.Recall when hurricane Sandy hit US and most of New Jersey was under water...concluded it wasn't all bad news then.;)

I agree Lee, Schiphol is a grand airport, Charles de Gaulle is not, I've been to some odd and grim ones on my travels, West Africa and Barra soon wipes the scales from your eyes. Had a hellish experience being strip searched en-route to work in Canada at Newark, New Jersey, almost converted to Islam that day, bloody well ended up handing over my Gillette 12 pack and Gel! Bloody expensive to a Scot, talk about being over zealous.Recall when hurricane Sandy hit US and most of New Jersey was under water...concluded it wasn't all bad news then.;)

:cool:
Sevilla in Southern Spain Col!

I don't really like Airports , the less time spent the better .

Best: Amsterdam, Heathrow T5, and Farranfore for its wonderful efficiency .... Honourable mentions for Singapore Changi and Frankfurt.

Worst: Berlin Schonefeld, LAX and JFK , even more so since Aer Lingus moved to the shitty Jet Blue terminal .... Honourable mentions for Faro and Copenhagen (Malmo) because it's the only Danish advertised airport in Sweden.

My Best list.....although it depends on where you are going, and what terminal etc.

1. Zurich
2. Frankfurt
3. Schipol

Never been to Austriche, but on Frankfurt, it's O-KAY like.
Nice and modern, efficient and all that lark.

But it's grey-blue tones make it all very dark, seed, clandestine.
I'm waiting for Harrison Ford to emerge sweaty and urgently from a secret door in the corridor and do a legger.

Now, Schipol is a winner.
Love it there. Anytime I transit I feel happy.

Heathrow T-3 is the other winner.
It works so well. Really considers the traveller.

Erm?

My favourite airport is the one that serves Portugal's Mediterranean coast.

Touché!

It's a regular of mine. I have a mental block with Zurich, and I even have friends living there! My brain cannot disassociate it. So. I guess I've created my own truth.

I also just realised I have been to Austria! On a troublesome connection no less, and had an unexpected overnight in Vienna.

I don't know what's happening to me.

Is this how the 30s continue??

what a pretentious, attention seeking thread, you spend time in airports, well done, the novelty wears off pretty quickly for most normal people, whats your favorite bus station in London?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

25th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼