Benny does it again.

On Benny Lane, there is a barman with a pintglass
And in his pocket is a portrait of Roy Keane
He likes to keep his keg room clean
It's a clean machine

Benny Lane, is in my ears, and in my pints
There, beneath the blue Coburg Street skies

I wonder if they have permission to do it. Saw that and while I hope the new version of the bar does well a lot of people see what they are doing as taking the piss as they've brought the pub right out to the edge of the narrow path so pedestrians have to walk between two tables. No chance a buggy or wheelchair could get through.

Probably taking the 'do it and then apologise' if they get pulled up by city council. Seems a bit naive in the long run to me. Theyve a nice bar going which seems to be slowly build a crowd.
Hey lads
Checked with everyone, and yes, all relevant licencing has been done with the city council. Everything is done legitimately. Plenty of room for a wheelchair or buggy

Besides that, the tables are only put out when it is nice weather (not too often now), as it's a real wind tunnel with no protection from wind or rain, and not at the weekends, especially in the evening.

But in saying that, we'd never want to seem we were taking "Liberties" and annoying people. So sorry if you're way was ever blocked.

Thanks for the compliment on the bar, we are delighted with it, and always looking to improve it. We are still a relatively new bar, so still building bit by bit.

We were nominated for Best Newcomer in Bar Of The Year Awards and our manager was shortlisted as well for manager of the year

We also just won in the category of Innovative Pub Of The Year for the Cork Region in the VFI/LVA Pub Of The Year Awards.

So hopefully we're doing some things right

Wish us luck representing Cork in the national final in Dublin in November, and if we win we'll definitely throw on a few free kegs to celebrate.

P.S. If you ever see something amiss at the bar, just call in and let us know, or e-mail, we don't always see stuff online and want to make sure things are right, and unfortunately sometimes things can get overlooked or missed. manager@thelibertybar.ie

Few pics of the new bar, upstairs and downstairs
1000013308.png
1000013310.png
1000013312.png
1000013309.png

Just off the train from Dublin after leaving my shitshow of a work Christmas party early and fancied a quart, but am limited to late bars due to the arcane licencing laws in this land.

Brog? Lol no
Oak? Feck off

Maynes however, nice and quiet tbf, the only place in Cork where a sophisticated young man like myself would feel at home at this time of the night.

€6 a pint of Guinness though and a poor pint at that. I was paying €6 in Dublin earlier for a premier pint although granted that was the suburbs.

All in all 7.2/10.

Cork needs a proper good late bar that isn't a mad house or a wine bar. Somewhere which is basically the Mutton Lane except open til 2am.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼