Benny does it again.

I wonder if they have permission to do it. Saw that and while I hope the new version of the bar does well a lot of people see what they are doing as taking the piss as they've brought the pub right out to the edge of the narrow path so pedestrians have to walk between two tables. No chance a buggy or wheelchair could get through.

Probably taking the 'do it and then apologise' if they get pulled up by city council. Seems a bit naive in the long run to me. Theyve a nice bar going which seems to be slowly build a crowd.
There's a separate thread for the Liberty where I called this out, back in June.
It was replied to and was told they'd have a word.
Goes to show they don't really give a shit about the public safety if it's still continuing 4 months later

I don't like the Crane at all. Loads of people absolutely love it but not me. Maynes on the other hand is somewhere I really enjoy.

Give me a spot at the glass bar on a rainy Tuesday night with a cheese board and a pint, and I'm happy out.

I actually had my last pre Covid pint in Maynes.

In fairness to Crane Lane, there's something for everybody in there.

A bit of a disco; a live band if you don't mind waiting a fortnight to get served; an oldstyle bar out the front; a big smoking/smirting zone; and a wine-bar. Not to forget a more intimate place upstairs.

All in all a decent spot, though the "pretend to be busy in order not to have to actually serve people" barstaff, particularly in the live-band venue part of it, are a complete dose.

Arthur Maynes staff seem much better in this regard and given it's all under the one umbrella you'd imagine it's not management policy.

Lol @ the Echo.

They call Clancy's a heritage pub before closing the article with "Sin É!"

To be fair Clancy's would have a much better claim to being a heritage pub in Cork than some of the pubs that appear on Cork's Heritage Pub Trail which, without even a hint of irony, has the tag line "Discover Cork's favourite pubs". ;)

Dude!

You are fucking shameless ;-)

You're only noticing this now?

For the record anyway I didn't go over to El Fenix. It's one of only two Benny pubs that I refuse to set foot in (I'll leave the other one a mystery oOooOooo).

Cantys was class to be fair though. My colleague was an older Dublin fella and he said it reminded him of what pubs in Dublin used be like before they all started employing fellas with mullets and selling cocktails.

You're only noticing this now?

For the record anyway I didn't go over to El Fenix. It's one of only two Benny pubs that I refuse to set foot in (I'll leave the other one a mystery oOooOooo).

Cantys was class to be fair though. My colleague was an older Dublin fella and he said it reminded him of what pubs in Dublin used be like before they all started employing fellas with mullets and selling cocktails.
Cheers MOE ,
Jesus how many pints do I owe you now 😀

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼