Benny does it again.

If the apartments, living space in the city was there I guarantee you'd get people to rent them.
As far as Coughlans beer garden gigs go, it was a stupid idea in an area unsuitable for them. Simples. Outdoor gigs most of the year in Ireland is nuts and late night outdoor gigs in a residential area is double nuts. Have the gig inside in the purpose built area they already have.

I get that there are a number of houses nearby, and someone said that the music from Coughlans was blaring so much it could be heard in Turners Cross which is nuts, but generally I wouldn't have classed Douglas Street generally as a residential area.
Where I was living there was a bar nearby that had a beergarden where you could late at night hear carousing but it's kinda to be expected tbh. It's a drawback but when there's snow or ice on the ground and you can't go in town it's great to have a pub close at hand just to get out of the house with yer missus and have a convivial glass of wine or beer.

il be in coughlans that night, soundman will be there wondering which fella is jimmy,

Jaysus jimmy, you really should do something about your fixation on me :ROFLMAO:
Sorry to disappoint you but I'll only be wondering which songs The Service will be playing and will the pints be worth the price.

The pints in Coughlans are shit IMO

And as for Nanas.. I can't drink there anymore as the pints are so bad. Which is a shame as I really like the pub. But in these times I can't justify spending over a fiver on a pint which isn't up to scratch.

The pints in Coughlans are shit IMO

And as for Nanas.. I can't drink there anymore as the pints are so bad. Which is a shame as I really like the pub. But in these times I can't justify spending over a fiver on a pint which isn't up to scratch.

What are you drinking? I've drank pints of Heineken for years but its awful everywhere now. Hard to believe considering its brewed locally.

What are you drinking? I've drank pints of Heineken for years but its awful everywhere now. Hard to believe considering its brewed locally.

I gave up drinking Heineken years ago. "No artificial additives just 5 ingredients" type bullshit claims but you'd still have a hangover after only two pints of it. An awful shame as you say, brewed locally.

Coughlan's used do a decent pint of stout out in the bar. Not been in there in a while though

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Noughty Club Night

The Pavilion, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼