Benny does it again.

Some of the murals were pretty poor quality tbh Benny, but the Bernie Murphy one at the back with the "You're in Cork now like" underneath was top quality both in likeness and in overall Corkness. That it rested behind gates and wasn't interfered with probably helped. Wouldn't shed a tear about the other ones tbh but that one WAS a bit of Cork Heritage, and MOE says you're into that kind of thing.
I was talking to the guys involved there and there is an art component I’m told ,and yes I loved the Bernie one also ,it’s a good corner ,I’d like to see the whole building done ,not just the ground floor .

I was talking to the guys involved there and there is an art component I’m told ,and yes I loved the Bernie one also ,it’s a good corner ,I’d like to see the whole building done ,not just the ground floor .
Like Singers Corner??

Funny thing with regards to everyone moaning about paint work. If half of them fkrs actually frequented Ziggys in its previous form, the need to shut its doors would have been less and they could be looking at Gary and Phil drawn by a 12 yr old all day long.

Like Singers Corner??

Funny thing with regards to everyone moaning about paint work. If half of them fkrs actually frequented Ziggys in its previous form, the need to shut its doors would have been less and they could be looking at Gary and Phil drawn by a 12 yr old all day long.
That is not the point though as the problem with some business owners in the city is that a lot of the shopfronts and facades they make little effort and if you are going to be in the public realm at least make a basic effort to attract custom as we all have to look at it.

A good design element (paint, shopfront, signage etc) attracts customers and looks well in the streetscape.

I was in the city centre earlier and a lot of the better designed restaurants etc were setting up for the day were hosing down the path in front of their premises and sweeping it down.

It is a challenge to attract custom as it is.

It’s as old as the bible ,you open a business and you are seen as a wanker ,it’s kinda a manifestation of the critics own short comings ,then because of the critics you have to close your doors and you’ve gone from wanker to martyr in one sheriffs letter, It’s uniquely Irish and if we are honest in cork they don’t even cheer the underdog at times ,I’ve had some glorious failures along the way and I salute every one who actually tried ,whether it’s love,business or anything else .

That is not the point though as the problem with some business owners in the city is that a lot of the shopfronts and facades they make little effort and if you are going to be in the public realm at least make a basic effort to attract custom as we all have to look at it.

A good design element (paint, shopfront, signage etc) attracts customers and looks well in the streetscape.

I was in the city centre earlier and a lot of the better designed restaurants etc were setting up for the day were hosing down the path in front of their premises and sweeping it down.

It is a challenge to attract custom as it is.
Agreed ,It’s a legal responsibility to have the area outside you premises clean at all times,I’d be going home say 7am on a Sunday morning and you’d see tourists wandering around in a sea of fag butts ,glass and fast food debris ,it’s embarrassing.

Agreed ,It’s a legal responsibility to have the area outside you premises clean at all times,I’d be going home say 7am on a Sunday morning and you’d see tourists wandering around in a sea of fag butts ,glass and fast food debris ,it’s embarrassing.
A bit of civic pride from people would be great and the better a local authority and business owners maintain a city and property the more likely people respect their environment which then attracts trade.

The Council cleaning crews have a huge largely thankless task

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Psychology And Literature: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 3pm

More events ▼