Benny does it again.

I was trying to look at that mural again last Friday night but a gang of German tourists were blocking my view.

Have they no consideration at all at all?

You're lucky you weren't stopped from going down a public lane by some bouncer on a power trip which I've seen happen not just there but on Grafton Lane as well.

That is a brilliant mural though in fairness.

You're lucky you weren't stopped from going down a public lane by some bouncer on a power trip which I've seen happen not just there but on Grafton Lane as well.

That is a brilliant mural though in fairness.
Wtf is the craic with Grafton Street? It seemed to be completely blocked off yesterday.

And the day Ed Sheeran was playing they had security blocking off the lane at 2 in the afternoon. Surely that shouldn't be allowed?

Wtf is the craic with Grafton Street? It seemed to be completely blocked off yesterday.

And the day Ed Sheeran was playing they had security blocking off the lane at 2 in the afternoon. Surely that shouldn't be allowed?
It's a phenomenon that's happening more and more. Tuckey Street itself is now effectively closed to traffic most of the time with the tables and chairs by The Oval; Little Anne Street off Washington Street, has only a very narrow strip outside of a covered in tables and chairs space for Costigans punters; Little Cross Street has something similar with just a narrow strip between the tables and chair area for Reardens and the one for Dwyers.

Changed days indeed from when a local bakery shop was given littering fines for just having a sandwich board sign tucked in at the side of a footpath advertising his wares and not impeding anyone.

The fast food outlets have a responsibility to clean up after themselves. The Grand Parade is destroyed most mornings with fast food waste packaging.

The Council cannot even enforce parking on their expensive paved streets never mind a twice daily tide of waste in our single use plastic disposable society.

The Council have huge plans for Tuckey St, Bishop Lucy Park and South Main St and we have a building propped up for years on Tuckey St.

Does the owner not have insurance to repair or can it stay like that forever?

It is easy to be negative as there are many positives about the city centre but at times you would wonder.
No, it's the messy cunts who seem to be endemic in this country, too fucking idle to find a bin. The council are just an extension of their mammies who had (or still have) to pick up after them.

By the way, “repairing” the expensive paving by just flaking a load of tar in on top of it is not how the City Council should run the city. And soap is cheap. We don’t want new signage, we just want them to wash the existing ones from time to time.
That’s the least that businesses who are paying rates should expect

09C7DD54-A805-449F-8A5D-C356035A4AE1.jpeg

Big new mural going up by the Nano Nagle Centre

I hope they keep an eye on it, in case Benny comes over with a can of paint and destroys the thing

(I'm joking, I'm joking, please don't bar me)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼