Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

Members of the media attending Oireachtas media events have to be accredited by the Press Office at Leinster house.

Anyone asking questions at press conferences has to be pre approved for access.

I find it funny that people try to poo poo Gripts editorial standards when in the last year the Irish Times has accidentally published an 'article' by ChatGPT and published a story invented by Kitty Holland about refugees attacked by men with dogs. 🙄

I think any news outlet that asks uncomfortable questions of our politicians is to be welcomed.

Who cares?

Papers can and will make mistakes.

Others just spout right-wing nonsense and false information designed to stir up hatred as an editorial policy

Who cares?

Papers can and will make mistakes.

Others just spout right-wing nonsense and false information designed to stir up hatred as an editorial policy

Ah - one set of papers "can and will make mistakes" - meanwhile a specific one with some uncomfortable truths that you don't like "just spout right-wing nonsense and false information" - gotcha :rolleyes:

Ah - one set of papers "can and will make mistakes" - meanwhile a specific one with some uncomfortable truths that you don't like "just spout right-wing nonsense and false information" - gotcha :rolleyes:
All papers print corrections and clarifications.

Not really surprised that you are now a fan of this conservative unreliable right-wing gibberish.

Given what passes for mainstream media in this country, and the spin so many of them churn out on a regular basis, I think it behooves all intelligent people interested in current affairs to maintain a healthy scepticism about what they all churn out tbh. Best to sift through a number of outlets, including Gript, to try distil the actual truth rather than take the writings or broadcastings of just one or two outlets as Gospel (and ironically enough we now know the Gospels themselves weren't always factual).

100%,

We've seen in the last 4-5 years various journalists from the Irish Times, Independent, Examiner and Newstalk take advisor roles with Irish politicians.

The traditional Irish political media are far too in bed with their subjects.

You need a press that holds politicians to account. Our lot are completely neutered when it comes to actually asking uncomfortable questions.

Media has changed and the more varied points of view represented the better.

Given what passes for mainstream media in this country, and the spin so many of them churn out on a regular basis, I think it behooves all intelligent people interested in current affairs to maintain a healthy scepticism about what they all churn out tbh. Best to sift through a number of outlets, including Gript, to try distil the actual truth rather than take the writings or broadcastings of just one or two outlets as Gospel (and ironically enough we now know the Gospels themselves weren't always factual).
The individual in question Ben Scallon ran in the last general election for the IFP, a far right party.

All papers print corrections and clarifications.

Not really surprised that you are now a fan of this conservative unreliable right-wing gibberish.

Not at all surprised that you'd misconstrue what I've actually written in order to try impress like-minded dullards.

Have another read of what I've actually written.

100%,

We've seen in the last 4-5 years various journalists from the Irish Times, Independent, Examiner and Newstalk take advisor roles with Irish politicians.

The traditional Irish political media are far too in bed with their subjects.

You need a press that holds politicians to account. Our lot are completely neutered when it comes to actually asking uncomfortable questions.

Media has changed and the more varied points of view represented the better.
Print media is dying.

Would you blame them trying to grab a job while they can.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Regan
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼