Assessing adoptive parents

I blame computer games.

I blame parents that allow the kids to play computer games non stop

You can either sit there pressing buttons so a fella runs around a pitch, or you can go out and run around the pitch. Most kids would chose to stare at a screen unless they are encouraged out, get them out and hurl/play football, cycle or do anything at all with them as long as it is outdoors and involves moving

Have you noticed the amount of motorised things kids are using now FFS, every teenage kid has a motorised scooter or bike

I blame parents that allow the kids to play computer games non stop

You can either sit there pressing buttons so a fella runs around a pitch, or you can go out and run around the pitch. Most kids would chose to stare at a screen unless they are encouraged out, get them out and hurl/play football, cycle or do anything at all with them as long as it is outdoors and involves moving

Have you noticed the amount of motorised things kids are using now FFS, every teenage kid has a motorised scooter or bike

When I was young we used our bikes to get around, Choppers, Grifters, Triumphs 20s.

Happy days.

She says in the article that she was told that because of her BMI and because she was single that it wasnt looking like she would be approved and that she was wasting her time.

Not being smart, but I don't see that.

She was told that statistically people with high BMIs don't get accepted.
She was told her lack of employment due to the pandemic as well as "other factors" were involved.

If it was the case that BMI over 30 was gating criteria to adoption on its own I would agree with her but it is clearly one of many factors that contribute to the end decision.

She seems to want to have a child no matter what - IVF or adoption or fostering. She was refused as a foster parent. If she was refused as a foster parent then how likely is it she will be accepted as an adoptive parent.

Why go public is my thing? to get a different result by going public?

But she is not claiming her marital status was a factor.
From what I know of the adoption process now, which is anecdotal from a couple of friends who have spent years trying to successfully adopt - there are interviews, checks and a whole swathe of factors included in the decision process.

There are very few babies put up for adoption nowadays compared with a few years ago so they can afford to be fussy.

When I was young we used our bikes to get around, Choppers, Grifters, Triumphs 20s.

Happy days.

heh heh.. now yer talkin

bmx2-1499784309641-jw6oyjjxogsq-5e3278f.jpg

Came across this article earlier

https://evoke.ie/2021/05/24/health/too-fat-to-adopt-dublin-woman

Should BMI matter for a prospective adoptive parent? Should age, or marital status?

I understand why BMI is a factor in IVF, as its a medical treatment, and anesthetic et is more dangerous if you have a BMI of over 30.

Curious as to opinions on this... while accepting that it will likely descend to WB/WNB almost immediately.

No-No-No.

They may potentially be great parents opposed to people who meet those requirements, but turn out to be not so good.

If the argument is obese people make bad parents then half our politicians should have their kids removed.

Add age and marital status to that as well.

Came across this article earlier

https://evoke.ie/2021/05/24/health/too-fat-to-adopt-dublin-woman

Should BMI matter for a prospective adoptive parent? Should age, or marital status?

I understand why BMI is a factor in IVF, as its a medical treatment, and anesthetic et is more dangerous if you have a BMI of over 30.

Curious as to opinions on this... while accepting that it will likely descend to WB/WNB almost immediately.

Wnb but not on the basis of her bmi, rather on the basis of the slightly insane look in the photo where she is looking directly at the camera.

But what sort of an awful website is that you're browsing? Exploit.ie would be a better name for it.

Not being smart, but I don't see that.

She was told that statistically people with high BMIs don't get accepted.
She was told her lack of employment due to the pandemic as well as "other factors" were involved.

If it was the case that BMI over 30 was gating criteria to adoption on its own I would agree with her but it is clearly one of many factors that contribute to the end decision.

She seems to want to have a child no matter what - IVF or adoption or fostering. She was refused as a foster parent. If she was refused as a foster parent then how likely is it she will be accepted as an adoptive parent.

Why go public is my thing? to get a different result by going public?

I didnt think you were being smart.

It sounds like she is going public because she thinks that some of the criteria bring used are unfair. Clearly BMI isnt the only criteria they used, but should it even be a part of the decision making process?

Equally, should her relationship status be taken into account?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

DJ Sean Hardware

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼