An Garda Siochana - The Official Thread

And there's the problem, they shouldn't be allowed to do that at all.

Tbh my experience of the guards in this country is 50/50, some do their job and do it well others will do anything to make their job easier for themselves.
#
thats in every job though for me whether its doctors or engineers or the chipper.

True but they have a duty of care and if they can't hack it they shouldn't be in the job.

but sure they dont care about that.

the poor ones that is!

if there is a serious incident you will have half the cops running for the car while the other half hide behind the desk.

i think they do a good job,, but one would ask the question would they be as quick at the door of a high rise council flat as they would at a residence with security gates? Not here they wouldn't, money talks

not a case of Money talks a case of living out in the country where boy racers used to enjoy speeding up and down the drive in the middle of the night, the gates are only there to stop them coming in and/or turning and doing donuts...
us country bumpkins need to mind our crops....

At the end of the day i'm sure no Garda is going to differentiate between a 16 year old ringing crying saying someones trying to break into her house at 3 am on a Saturday and that shes scared and someone in a high rise council flat...

that's your own bias talking not theirs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack L

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼