An Garda Siochana - The Official Thread

I've humbly decided to begin a thread dedicated to the hardly working men & woman of An Garda Siochana, in the hope of reading the experiences of other law abiding Corkonians resulting from an experience I had whilst driving with my girlfriend on this evening of January the fourth at about twenty minutes past the hour of nine o'clock in the year of Our Lord two thousand and eight.

Driving down Gurranabraher Road just outside the top of the hill lounge/bar & towards me came an 05 D Opel Vectra that I had to beep at because he almost ran me off the road!
I drove on down past Cornelius O'Leary's Siopa & had to pull in near the entrance to Saint Anthony's Road as there were blue lights flashing behind me.
A knock on the window on the passengers side indicated I was dealing with an experienced member of the force for had he decided to knock on my window he might be hazardous to traffic!

Garda: "Who were you beeping at?"

Usually in my experience it's out of the question to answer any question put to you by a member of the Guardi with another question, however in this case I made an exception.

Me: "an 05 D registered Vectra was that you was it?"

Garda: "It was & what do you think you were beeping at me for?"

Me: "I know I beeped at you for not yielding to my right of way, I've been led to believe that in the case of two automobiles approaching each other where there's only enough room for one due to there being a line of parked cars on one side, the car nearest to them is to give way to the other motorist, am I wrong here?"

Garda: "No you're not, here's your license drive safely"

Me: "Goodnight & God bless"

That is all

- JC

I've humbly decided to begin a thread dedicated to the hardly working men & woman of An Garda Siochana, in the hope of reading the experiences of other law abiding Corkonians resulting from an experience I had whilst driving with my girlfriend on this evening of January the fourth at about twenty minutes past the hour of nine o'clock in the year of Our Lord two thousand and eight.

Driving down Gurranabraher Road just outside the top of the hill lounge/bar & towards me came an 05 D Opel Vectra that I had to beep at because he almost ran me off the road!
I drove on down past Cornelius O'Leary's Siopa & had to pull in near the entrance to Saint Anthony's Road as there were blue lights flashing behind me.
A knock on the window on the passengers side indicated I was dealing with an experienced member of the force for had he decided to knock on my window he might be hazardous to traffic!

Garda: "Who were you beeping at?"

Usually in my experience it's out of the question to answer any question put to you by a member of the Guardi with another question, however in this case I made an exception.

Me: "an 05 D registered Vectra was that you was it?"

Garda: "It was & what do you think you were beeping at me for?"

Me: "I know I beeped at you for not yielding to my right of way, I've been led to believe that in the case of two automobiles approaching each other where there's only enough room for one due to there being a line of parked cars on one side, the car nearest to them is to give way to the other motorist, am I wrong here?"

Garda: "No you're not, here's your license drive safely"

Me: "Goodnight & God bless"

That is all

- JC

probably a crack head or something 05 D like

by no means anti garda or anything but i always find the best to deal with cops is to act like a pig ignorant scumbag because if your polite and come across as educated your fucked .
Disagree ? well how is it that all along georges quay and union quay there is always legions of scobes drinking on the street to their hearts content yet if you or i walk down the street with a can we'll get done for drinking in public .
As far I can make out if your loud aggressive and numerous the cops wont come near you .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

11th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼