2024 Junior A Football Championship

Muskerry will be tough to win. A lot of teams will feel they have a chance which wasn’t the case the last few years with the big juggernauts like Canovee and Kilmurry. Even though Aghinagh and Inniscarra would be fancied some one like Grenagh or Donoughmore wouldn’t be afraid of having a cut off them as opposed to maybe having to face Canovee. The second teams Ballincollig and Eire Og could be dangerous too.

Barryroe got back to winning ways at the weekend so the crisis there that some posters mentioned must be over haha. Kilmeen as another poster mentioned and St Colums could still be dark horses there.

I think there won’t be much between whoever comes out of Muskerry, and Carbery this year as opposed to last year.
The first few rounds in the Muskerry league have served up some very close games. Will probably be the most competitive mid cork in a number of years. Aghinagh & Inniscarra being the favs, that being said strange result from Scarra losing to Kilmicheal by such a margin but without SO’D, I wouldn’t read too much into it. Aghinagh 2 wins from 2 in Div 5, serious advantage to be playing higher graded league

The first few rounds in the Muskerry league have served up some very close games. Will probably be the most competitive mid cork in a number of years. Aghinagh & Inniscarra being the favs, that being said strange result from Scarra losing to Kilmicheal by such a margin but without SO’D, I wouldn’t read too much into it. Aghinagh 2 wins from 2 in Div 5, serious advantage to be playing higher graded league
Would Scarra hurlers usually play league football? Could be no hurlers playing football to focus fully on hurling. Think with a full team they will be too much for Aghinagh who I think are a bit overhyped

Would Scarra hurlers usually play league football? Could be no hurlers playing football to focus fully on hurling. Think with a full team they will be too much for Aghinagh who I think are a bit overhyped
Yep normally they’d have all their players available bar Sean. Lot of good footballing men in Kilmichael that being said, always a nice day to beat Scarra

Personally think they should stick to 6 divisions of 10 for Premier Senior to Premier Junior, and maybe then have a separate county league for the top Junior A teams which changes yearly, something like that, far from perfect but would provide more clarity.

That can’t have been good for Ballyhooly or Canovee at all, even if it is only the league.

Muskerry will be tough to win. A lot of teams will feel they have a chance which wasn’t the case the last few years with the big juggernauts like Canovee and Kilmurry. Even though Aghinagh and Inniscarra would be fancied some one like Grenagh or Donoughmore wouldn’t be afraid of having a cut off them as opposed to maybe having to face Canovee. The second teams Ballincollig and Eire Og could be dangerous too.

Barryroe got back to winning ways at the weekend so the crisis there that some posters mentioned must be over haha. Kilmeen as another poster mentioned and St Colums could still be dark horses there.

I think there won’t be much between whoever comes out of Muskerry, and Carbery this year as opposed to last year.

Would agree 100% on Muskerry championship this year. I don't think it's ever been so competitive and evenly spread. Inniscarra & Aghinagh on paper are 2 strongest teams. Inniscarra should get out of their group fairly easily and in SO'D will have maybe the best player in the County at this grade. They ran Canovee as close as anyone in the County last year, but their progress could depend on how their hurlers get on in Senior A.

Aghinagh have a more difficult group from what I can see. Ballincolligs 2nd team will put it up to anyone, but a team I would keep an eye on as potential bolters are Grenagh. From the fixtures published, they play Aghinagh in their opening game and have a good crop of young athletic players coming through (in both codes) and might have the legs to catch an older Aghinagh team. That being said, I would expect Aghinagh to get out of their group and be battle tested which should stand to them in knockout.

Kilmichael, Clondrohid and Dripsey can cause an upset on any day but are unlikely to contend at the business end. Donoughmore are promising but a few years off seriously contending IMO.

Personally think they should stick to 6 divisions of 10 for Premier Senior to Premier Junior, and maybe then have a separate county league for the top Junior A teams which changes yearly, something like that, far from perfect but would provide more clarity.

That can’t have been good for Ballyhooly or Canovee at all, even if it is only the league.
Should be a county junior league play off with the league winners of each division.

Winners take the place in the county league from the team who a relegated easy. Your counting on a team from your division being relegated to get into in the current format thus will end up being a yo-yo with one of the weaker divisions each year madness.

Would agree 100% on Muskerry championship this year. I don't think it's ever been so competitive and evenly spread. Inniscarra & Aghinagh on paper are 2 strongest teams. Inniscarra should get out of their group fairly easily and in SO'D will have maybe the best player in the County at this grade. They ran Canovee as close as anyone in the County last year, but their progress could depend on how their hurlers get on in Senior A.

Aghinagh have a more difficult group from what I can see. Ballincolligs 2nd team will put it up to anyone, but a team I would keep an eye on as potential bolters are Grenagh. From the fixtures published, they play Aghinagh in their opening game and have a good crop of young athletic players coming through (in both codes) and might have the legs to catch an older Aghinagh team. That being said, I would expect Aghinagh to get out of their group and be battle tested which should stand to them in knockout.

Kilmichael, Clondrohid and Dripsey can cause an upset on any day but are unlikely to contend at the business end. Donoughmore are promising but a few years off seriously contending IMO.
Grenagh, Kilmichael and Ballincollig for certain are to be watched . Some excellent individual players aswell as good young players coming along on each team . Whether it’s this year or next they’ll come gunning at some point

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼