2023 Senior A hurling

Once on the pitch someone might have tried to mark him leaving another free, he could have taken up space that someone might have used to look for possesion etc - it's more than did he touch the ball or not - have to go with he had a definite influence on the game once inside lines. It cant be brushed away, esp when contrary to the most basic rule in the game, if there is a chance of influencing a Blarney players decision making at that time then he had an influence.

Neither club are to blame here.

Neither club ? By that I assume you mean Blarney ?Bride Rovers were every bit as aware as the linesman they had 16 on the field ?

The substitute going onto the field is out of the clubs hands. The slip is handed to fourth official and he is told number of player going off. Linesman job after that to ensure player goes on player goes off.
To suggest Bride Rovers did it on purpose is a horrible accusation. Neither club is at fault here but if either sub or player coming off had no involvement in the last free then the result should stand.

The guy who took the last penalty was the guy who came on in the substitution in question, he was perfectly entitled to take one.
That poses an interesting question and I couldn't see any thing in the rule book. In this instance, who is the illegal player, the substitute that came on or the player that didn't leave the field making up 16 players. One to ponder I guess.

Bad form from Blarney here. Are they complaining about de 2 points they got from a sideline which should have went to Rovers. Or a point awarded to Mark Coleman which was clearly wide. Or the free at de end when Brian Roche was fouled & ref gave to Blarney.

The substitute going onto the field is out of the clubs hands. The slip is handed to fourth official and he is told number of player going off. Linesman job after that to ensure player goes on player goes off.
To suggest Bride Rovers did it on purpose is a horrible accusation. Neither club is at fault here but if either sub or player coming off had no involvement in the last free then the result should stand.
I don't think any one suggested that, mistakes happen.
But no involvement in play is a nonsense argument as you can't have 16 players on the field. It's a basic rule like.

Bad form from Blarney here. Are they complaining about de 2 points they got from a sideline which should have went to Rovers. Or a point awarded to Mark Coleman which was clearly wide. Or the free at de end when Brian Roche was fouled & ref gave to Blarney.
Why would they complain? Those decisions didn't break any rules.

Linesman and umpires made mistakes. Same as linesman & ref did for sub. Linesman left Rovers make a sub. Ref waved play on and player wasn’t off pitch when keeper pucked ball out. Both mistakes by officials. Blarney had 19 wides in de game enough chances to win any game.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Revolt & Big Boy Foolish

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼