2023 Senior A football

The game still hasn’t been fixed
Yes it has. A fixture plan with ratified fixtures was sent out from the county board on Monday and this final will either be Saturday or Sunday depending on how the West Cork teams do this weekend and if the advance to Munster.
Doheny's will have to suck it up now. I haven't heard a proper excuse yet only lads are coming home to watch it. Big deal.

They also have one of their main players moving to Australia and had his and his partners bookings based off a master fixture plan. The sams master fixture plan that saw the Dohenys not being able to move a league final fixture earlier on in the year, seems the rules can be changed from some and not for others. I think they are right to have sour grapes with this if im being honest. Either way it will most likely stay as is now which will add even more tention and storey to the game which is great for the neutral.

I say fix the game for Bandon aswell.
Atmosphere would be savage

I miss the old GAA days, county finals taking place in club venues rather than Cork City
From the supporters perspective you are probably right, would be a better atmosphere in a smaller venue.

But from the players point of view, getting to play a county final in pairc ui chaoimh is a very special memory for any player to have, win or lose.

You’ll be at the pairc with the kids or the grandkids in years to come at big matches, and you’ll be able to say you played there. Means a lot to many.

From the supporters perspective you are probably right, would be a better atmosphere in a smaller venue.

But from the players point of view, getting to play a county final in pairc ui chaoimh is a very special memory for any player to have, win or lose.

You’ll be at the pairc with the kids or the grandkids in years to come at big matches, and you’ll be able to say you played there. Means a lot to many.
Once upon a time it did.. they play U8 blitz’s in the Pairc now..
Bandon or better still Clon would be the right venue.. What a county final it would be in Ahamilla. The brewery towns was built for such events

Once upon a time it did.. they play U8 blitz’s in the Pairc now..
Bandon or better still Clon would be the right venue.. What a county final it would be in Ahamilla. The brewery towns was built for such events
You sound like foxy now 🤣..but definitely better atmosphere and occasion I bandon or skibb

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼