2023 Senior A football

Outstanding Club Newcestown! Absolutely delighted for them.
Very deserving of their win.
After a bad 10 mins , they took charge of the game and completely nulled Fionn Herlihy and Keith White.
David Buckley was awesome. I don't think Doheny's did their homework on him.
One man who would be very Happy today is Paudie Palmer , God rest Him.

They will be up there with the best of them in PSFC next year and will be no push over .
Congratulations Newcestown
You are confusing Paudie with Michael Scanlon his C103 colleague who is from Newcestown.
Paudie was a Valleys man and taught in Bandon.

Watched the highlights this morning.

Have never caught a Doheny’s game before. Coakley midfield has serious inter county level pace but took too much out of the ball too often. Wouldn’t know Herlihy was a Cork senior either in my opinion but no doubt yet to reach the peak of his powers. Doheny’s 3 inside men all dangerous in their own way but were limited good ball outside the first 10 minutes.

Newcestown just an excellent outfit 1 to 15 if not 20. Solid performances throughout the pitch.

Enjoyable game of football and well deserved winners in the end!

Watched the highlights this morning.

Have never caught a Doheny’s game before. Coakley midfield has serious inter county level pace but took too much out of the ball too often. Wouldn’t know Herlihy was a Cork senior either in my opinion but no doubt yet to reach the peak of his powers. Doheny’s 3 inside men all dangerous in their own way but were limited good ball outside the first 10 minutes.

Newcestown just an excellent outfit 1 to 15 if not 20. Solid performances throughout the pitch.

Enjoyable game of football and well deserved winners in the end!
Newcestown very well deserved winners and absolutely delighted for them.
I watched it again and the Dohenys keeper was woeful. Especially in the last 15 mins of first half.
Newcestown backs did a great job on the Dohenys ff line. Fionn Herlihy looked very average when you compare him to David Buckley.
Newcestown have proved that playing I think 15 or 16 ( open to correction on that) championship games between both football and Hurling since the end of July is very manageable. And one competitive championship game is worth its weight in gold compared to training sessions and challenge matches.
Hats off to them .

Small village, but very big catchment area - some of those flags are very far apart
Also alot of those players would have gone through the well known football and Hurling schools of Hammies in Bandon and Coachford. Both of whom do very well in PPS .
That's not taking away from the excellent coaching and management they are getting in the club

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Regan
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Underground Ovation: Open Deck Night

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼