2023 Premier sfc

Eire og could easily have beaten Nemo yesterday if their execution was better. The 2 weeks of hurling didn’t do them any favours. Who do ye think will win in the decider between them and Ballincollig lads?
Liam O'Connell massive loss to Ballincollig
That could swing things for Eire Og

Who were the stand out performers over the weekend? I attended 2 games and from other inputs across the board here, there does not seem to be much to cheer about in the style of play across the county. Players of note this weekend. Colm Scully - Barrs Colin Walsh - Kanturk Mattie Taylor - mallow Sean Powter - Douglas Brian Hurley - Haven Cahalanes - Haven Brian Hayes - Barrs Sean Wilson - Douglas Kevin O Donovan - nemo C
I attended the games on Saturday and Sunday in P Ui Rinn Cork football needs to get Brian Hayes on board the Barrs have some huge players on their team they really play to Sherlock's strength , i thought Cian Dorgan was good for Ballincollig kicked some great scores with both feet and did it against Nemo in the 1st round as well, Brian Coakley was on his own in that game and got some great scores he's a big unit with a good left peg not too many of them in Cork, Kevin O'Donovan was very good for Nemo scored 2 great scores Mark Cronin was good really intelligent player . Chris Kelly's Kick outs for Eire Og were excellent he had good variation.on a side note Great to hear Cathal O'Mahony back on the field

Liam O'Connell massive loss to Ballincollig
That could swing things for Eire Og
Eire Og will need Goulding back I feel.

Similarly Ballincollig were down a few bodies yesterday, you’d imagine injury lists will have a big say in this game. Will be a cracker hopefully rebels online show it in the event I can’t make it or can watch it back later

Who were the stand out performers over the weekend? I attended 2 games and from other inputs across the board here, there does not seem to be much to cheer about in the style of play across the county. Players of note this weekend. Colm Scully - Barrs Colin Walsh - Kanturk Mattie Taylor - mallow Sean Powter - Douglas Brian Hurley - Haven Cahalanes - Haven Brian Hayes - Barrs Sean Wilson - Douglas Kevin O Donovan - nemo
Lot of praise for Jack Mcarthy of Carrigaline too, wing back

Says it all about that Nemo team if they’re relying on Kerrigan. It’s just not a good Nemo team. They were lucky Barrs well and truly shat themselves in last years final.

The more I think about it, the more it seems that this years championship will come down to the Clon or the Barrs. If the Barrs are still hurling, it’s Clons to lose as the boys in blue only really care about the small ball when it comes down to it.
The Barr’s 2nd team would put it up to that Clon side

C9FD2DFB-3775-417D-B108-88DA29B2D181.png

All Courtesy of ‘Cork Tables’ on Twitter
60 teams across the 5 grades in 15 groups with 1 game to go.
Only 4 teams already qualified. 8 can not qualify. Incredibly, 48 teams playing for qualification in their last group game. What a fantastic new structure we now have.

View attachment 24321

All Courtesy of ‘Cork Tables’ on Twitter
60 teams across the 5 grades in 15 groups with 1 game to go.
Only 4 teams already qualified. 8 can not qualify. Incredibly, 48 teams playing for qualification in their last group game. What a fantastic new structure we now have.
Indeed. Great structure. And of those other 12 teams, some of them are playing to avoid relegation and in the PSFC, 2 are playing for a semi final spot.

I attended the games on Saturday and Sunday in P Ui Rinn Cork football needs to get Brian Hayes on board the Barrs have some huge players on their team they really play to Sherlock's strength , i thought Cian Dorgan was good for Ballincollig kicked some great scores with both feet and did it against Nemo in the 1st round as well, Brian Coakley was on his own in that game and got some great scores he's a big unit with a good left peg not too many of them in Cork, Kevin O'Donovan was very good for Nemo scored 2 great scores Mark Cronin was good really intelligent player . Chris Kelly's Kick outs for Eire Og were excellent he had good variation.on a side note Great to hear Cathal O'Mahony back on the field
Ya Brian Hayes is Vital to get back on the football panel.He is the best Club footballer in Cork.

Colin Walsh also has to be brought into the panel.Neither will ever do much in Hurling only be part time subs could be Corks Main players in Football esp Brian Hayes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼