2023 Premier sfc

I know I’ve made the Clon- Dublin comparison before but to me that game Sunday was very reminiscent of the infamous Dublin- Donegal semi. Clon / Dublin with all the talent but just not experienced enough to break down a team with 15 men behind the ball. It will come.
Yeah you're right. Clon were clueless last Sunday - absolutely clueless.

Yeah you're right. Clon were clueless last Sunday - absolutely clueless.
They haven’t beaten Carbery in years, in their last 5-6 meetings in championship. Over a decade I believe. Am I wrong?
Carbery totally dominant.
Everyone knows for years Clon can’t score.
Their management had no choice but to shut up shop.

I know I’ve made the Clon- Dublin comparison before but to me that game Sunday was very reminiscent of the infamous Dublin- Donegal semi. Clon / Dublin with all the talent but just not experienced enough to break down a team with 15 men behind the ball. It will come.
Great comparison Trav. We’re not there yet but there’s something special building in the Brewery town.

I was amongst those watching them train tonight. And my god the intensity was something to behold. The word was they will train 5 nights a week in the run up to the Haven game.

That kind of commitment may strike some as overkill but this is a group that has amongst its leaders one Liam ODonovan; a young lad who had every reason to quit, yet he comes back having played barely 3 months of football in the past 3 years and he is better than he ever was. Incredible.

How could any group of players with that kind of character in their midst not be inspired?

Fair point Joe. Ross are an ultra defensive team, it will be interesting to see if they can alter their style and go out to win the game from the start against Valleys.

Clon-Haven will be a VERY different spectacle, 2 teams who want to attack and play football on the front foot. Both teams need to win so expect a classic played in traditional West Cork style, in front of a huge attendance. Have no doubt it will make up for the disappointment of last Sunday.

We are lucky in west cork to have these great games on our doorstep and to be from well supported clubs where championship atmosphere is something special and the players on the field are ready to die for the jersey.

Compare that to group games played by the likes of Ballincollig, Douglas and even the Barrs. Utterly insipid affairs in front of a handful of people.
Might be big crowds at the game, but it doesn't translate into decent football teams.

The whole of West Cork is under Nemos thumb for a very long time.

Might be big crowds at the game, but it doesn't translate into decent football teams.

The whole of West Cork is under Nemos thumb for a very long time.
I’ll just leave this here:

This is what happened when Nemo last played a knockout game in West Cork. Well and truly shat themselves and were sent back to Douglas with their tails between their legs.

At least ourselves and Ross managed 6 points😂😉

Great comparison Trav. We’re not there yet but there’s something special building in the Brewery town.

I was amongst those watching them train tonight. And my god the intensity was something to behold. The word was they will train 5 nights a week in the run up to the Haven game.

That kind of commitment may strike some as overkill but this is a group that has amongst its leaders one Liam ODonovan; a young lad who had every reason to quit, yet he comes back having played barely 3 months of football in the past 3 years and he is better than he ever was. Incredible.

How could any group of players with that kind of character in their midst not be inspired?
Is that the recipe for The Ispini?

@Fox Leary , this time last week you were on with the same spiel, " something special building in the brewery town" ! So what happened Sunday? Ye should have no bother training 5 times a week given the serious lack of intensity on Sunday. Even yer own reporter commented that the crossbar needing strapping was the most exciting part of the game!

@Fox Leary , this time last week you were on with the same spiel, " something special building in the brewery town" ! So what happened Sunday? Ye should have no bother training 5 times a week given the serious lack of intensity on Sunday. Even yer own reporter commented that the crossbar needing strapping was the most exciting part of the game!
Stay patient Joe my man, this is a special group of players, not just great footballers but truly good human beings.

Liam ODonovan being the personification of this group’s spirit. A guy who could have quit 10 times over, but he comes back again and again, and what’s more he comes back better than before. The player of the PSFC so far, no question.

No doubt Sundays game was poor from both sides but we will see a very different game in 3 weeks time, mark my words. Keep the faith in WC football my man.

Stay patient Joe my man, this is a special group of players, not just great footballers but truly good human beings.

Liam ODonovan being the personification of this group’s spirit. A guy who could have quit 10 times over, but he comes back again and again, and what’s more he comes back better than before. The player of the PSFC so far, no question.

No doubt Sundays game was poor from both sides but we will see a very different game in 3 weeks time, mark my words. Keep the faith in WC football my man.
This is a genuine question Fox, but does it bother you that the Brewery towns 'inspirational leader' is from from St. James' parish? Or does it bother you at all? That poor club have lost so many players to Clon and Carbery Rangers, I don't know how they keep going. All credit to him for keeping on coming back from those serious injuries.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼