2023 Premier sfc

Clon will not be happy with performance but at the end of the day 4 points is still decent and they should get over the line next week.

I know there is a conscious effort to time their run this year, no one wants to peak in the group stages.

I won’t comment on the refs performance.
It’s not the premiership you dopey fool, ye have 3 points and if ye don’t beat the mighty haven ye will be gone. Ye won’t have to worry about peaking too soon then 🤣

Clon will not be happy with performance but at the end of the day 4 points is still decent and they should get over the line next week.

I know there is a conscious effort to time their run this year, no one wants to peak in the group stages.

I won’t comment on the refs performance.
There’s no getting away from the fact that it was a poor spectacle, it wasn’t befitting of the huge attendance.

Clon came to entertain as always, however Ross had other plans and didn’t play ball. The phrase Black Death springs to mind when describing their style of play.

That being said, we have great respect for Ross, a proper club, and David has to do whatever it takes when taking on Goliath.

We’ll beat the Haven, they will go out to play football so it should be a fantastic occasion. I expect an even bigger crowd for that one.

The West is awake! Although a few may have nodded off watching Ross playing keep ball today😉

Tough day for the mighty black pudding men. I suspect the haven will have too much for them. They lacked any sort of cutting up front today I thought. It’s a pity that the best team in cork;) will be gone after the group stage

Fox

No point blaming Ross alone for this shit show from both teams. Where is Mark White's attacking dimension, Liam O'Donovan's speed, Sean White's ingenuity and Conor Daly's scoring prowess you among others have been raving about that should easily break down the likes of Carbery Rangers. West Cork football is in it's own fantasy world with little to offer the Cork senior team going forward. Some Cork supporters can only look to the Gods and appreciate we saw the likes of Dave McCarthy and Declan Barron playing.

Fox

No point blaming Ross for this shit show from both teams. Where is Mark White's attacking dimension, Liam O'Donovan's speed, Sean White's ingenuity and Conor Daly's scoring prowess you among others have been raving about that should easily break down the likes of Carbery Rangers. West Cork football is in it's own fantasy world with little to offer the Cork senior team going forward. Some Cork supporters can only look to the Gods and appreciate we saw the likes of Dave McCarthy and Declan Barron playing.
Declan barron, God be with the days

Was there talks here last week that Clon had one eye on rattling the All Ireland club title? A mere 6 points scored today and a battle for survival next week against the Haven has surely dented their aspirations. I was tempted by those 500/1 betting odds but I'm glad I kept my money in my pocket now!

I thought 6 points a piece made the game seem worse then it was. Decent play by both at times. Don't think you could say Ross were anymore defensive then clon. They certainly tried to move the ball quicker when they broke. Some poor shooting on both sides. Currently couldn't see either team rattling the country

Saw 4 games in this grade over the weekend - standard was very poor overall, the Barrs need to grab that s/final spot and get a break into their dual match sequence, Nemo very wasteful v Eire Og in 1st half, should have been out the gap, looked very leggy in last 10 min, hung on

Last edited:
Credit to Ross, they’ve now drawn with 2 of the big 4. No mean feat. In all likelihood they’ll progress now with a win over Valleys.

Clon should still grab the top spot. They’re marginally better than the Haven.

To all the neutrals who travelled from far and wide, don’t let today turn you off west cork football. Come to Clon-Haven and you’ll see a festive of football, two great teams, two great clubs, who will go toe to toe and play with abandon.

Credit to Ross, they’ve now drawn with 2 of the big 4. No mean feat. In all likelihood they’ll progress now with a win over Valleys.

Clon should still grab the top spot. They’re marginally better than the Haven.

To all the neutrals who travelled from far and wide, don’t let today turn you off west cork football. Come to Clon-Haven and you’ll see a festive of football, two great teams, two great clubs, who will go toe to toe and play with abandon.
6 points all in a Cork SFC game , sorry but fuck right off.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼