2023 Premier sfc

Lads what do ye really expect from Douglas in either Code. They are a disaster. How many had they at the game today? . I would say 80% of their underage hadn't a notion their Seniors were playing today.

Lads what do ye really expect from Douglas in either Code. They are a disaster. How many had they at the game today? . I would say 80% of their underage hadn't a notion their Seniors were playing today.
Any decent young footballers in Douglas are playing for Nemo..Douglas are a joke of a club, massive population but no idea how to win...very similar to a certain town club in West Cork..

Very true. Compare them to Ross or Clon tomorrow. Every young lad in both juvenile clubs will be out in enniskeane with their jerseys on cheering on their heroes.

Obviously football means more in west cork, but surely a club of Douglas’s size could muster a couple of hundred supporters. Truly a soulless club.

Any decent young footballers in Douglas are playing for Nemo..Douglas are a joke of a club, massive population but no idea how to win...very similar to a certain town club in West Cork..
Say what you will about Bandon but they have progressed a long way in football in the last 10 years. Yes, they’re living in the shadow of the brewery town, and no they don’t have any senior counties compared to our 9 but they have FAR more passion than Douglas have ever had.

Hopefully Mallow will now get out of the group and send the Douglas boys out. Would be good to see Mallow progress and football to develop in another large urban area.

Seriously poor result for Douglas. Fully in control of this game until last 15. Powter took a huge bang and from here his influence seized. Douglas very reliant on Flahive and Wilson who were among the powerful Douglas men today chipping in with scores. No forwards for Douglas is seriously costing them as they are very defensively solid for the most. Must beat barrs…..
That bang was ridiculous. He should have never been allowed return.

D Day has arrived for Clonakilty, a good performance & win will put them in a serious place for the Summer, I get the feeling this is the game they have been waiting for, people seem to gloss over what Carbery Rangers achieved last year, they know how to get things done in c'ship, should be some crowd at it

D Day has arrived for Clonakilty, a good performance & win will put them in a serious place for the Summer, I get the feeling this is the game they have been waiting for, people seem to gloss over what Carbery Rangers achieved last year, they know how to get things done in c'ship, should be some crowd at it
Yes indeed BBB it certainly has D day vibes about it, a huge game, the attendance today will probably exceed the combined attendances of every other PSFC game this weekend.

You have the best supported team in the county in Clon and another big crowd from Ross, along with half of West Cork and plenty more from further afield. I suspect a few Nemo and Barrs supporters may even venture West, a rare chance for them to witness a truly fervent atmosphere at a game.

The Clon lads are relaxed, they’ll be confident we have the superior players but won’t be complacent about the fight Ross will bring to them.

A convincing win today and Clon would cement themselves as the team to beat this year. A loss would leave us in a bad place going into the Haven game, but we won’t entertain that kind of negativity today.

I’m predicting a 5 point victory and will be back on here tonight to witness the anti-Clon brigade eating some crow😉😉

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cardinals
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

26th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jim Comet

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼