2023 Premier Intermediate football

Unfortunately that is the imbalance in the Munster Championship, Fossa win in Kerry they will be playing senior next year, CNM will be playing senior A here
This is the problem with Senior A. It’s not really Senior and it screws things up from pov of Premier Inter winner going into Munster.

I remember thinking last year that Rathmore v Michael’s and Fossa v Kilshannig would have been 2 very good contests but instead we got 2 relative mismatches.

Cloughduv and Ovens would be twice the capacity of CNM d be thinking? I don’t know criteria but I remember Bandon using Cloughduv a few yrs ago against Lismore and the Munster council boyos came in and took over the gate and local or not you paid going in .

I remember a Cloughduv man who played for cork away back arguing at gate with them as he never paid going into cloughduv and was an officer of the club but they wouldn’t budge 🤣 . Another local who used walk his dog there daily was walking in past them with dog and they told him no way in during match unless he paid his €15 I think it was .

CNM pitch is very open and I’d say you’d get in from a few sides for free 🆓 f you really wanted so the Munster council would take all this into consideration I’d be thinking.
The Munster Council are like the army the way they come in and takeover the gate etc. They seem to ignore basics like traffic control though and some Munster club matches are disastrous.

This is the problem with Senior A. It’s not really Senior and it screws things up from pov of Premier Inter winner going into Munster.

I remember thinking last year that Rathmore v Michael’s and Fossa v Kilshannig would have been 2 very good contests but instead we got 2 relative mismatches.
The nonsensical names of our grades in Cork are just a legacy from the restructuring of the competitions. The naming of the grades was very important to ensure clubs supported the restructuring..
But Senior A is Grade B, Intermediate A is Grade D.. it doesn’t matter we can call them whatever we like but there is no getting away from that.
Cork A & B champions should be playing in the Senior & intermediate Munster.

Cloughduv and Ovens would be twice the capacity of CNM d be thinking? I don’t know criteria but I remember Bandon using Cloughduv a few yrs ago against Lismore and the Munster council boyos came in and took over the gate and local or not you paid going in .

I remember a Cloughduv man who played for cork away back arguing at gate with them as he never paid going into cloughduv and was an officer of the club but they wouldn’t budge 🤣 . Another local who used walk his dog there daily was walking in past them with dog and they told him no way in during match unless he paid his €15 I think it was .

CNM pitch is very open and I’d say you’d get in from a few sides for free 🆓 f you really wanted so the Munster council would take all this into consideration I’d be thinking.
To be honest i dont think the CNM would like playing there home games anywhere east if it wasnt KnM it would be Baile Bhuirne. And with being open? When was the last time you were up there. Youd have fun climbing one of the big walls on the North or going through bog on the East or South. Probably one of the least open fields to get into in mid cork.

Unfortunately that is the imbalance in the Munster Championship, Fossa win in Kerry they will be playing senior next year, CNM will be playing senior A here
On this i think there will be a change in Kerry. They will probably try and increase the Kerry senior teams a big driver being the Stacks and the Narries being relegated which does not sit well. Theyll probably be pushed down the route of only giving 2 places to the divisional sidea via playoffs leading to a shot of teams being re instated to senior down there which will bring teams up from junior and novice etc and balance itself out. Senior the moment is the only competiton Kerry are not engrosly strong in.

To be honest i dont think the CNM would like playing there home games anywhere east if it wasnt KnM it would be Baile Bhuirne. And with being open? When was the last time you were up there. Youd have fun climbing one of the big walls on the North or going through bog on the East or South. Probably one of the least open fields to get into in mid cork.

You could see a game there from the pub window!! It’s wide open and you needn’t even go inside the grounds to be able see a game as very easy to watch from roadside if you really wanted to do that .

You could see a game there from the pub window!! It’s wide open and you needn’t even go inside the grounds to be able see a game as very easy to watch from roadside if you really wanted to do that .
There is literally one corner behind the scoreboard that about 5 people could see the game from. I dont known when was the last time you were in KnM but id say go for a drive up there again today because you cannot see one bit of the field from the pub. You would want to be about 7 foot to see it above one of the walls on the roadside.

There is literally one corner behind the scoreboard that about 5 people could see the game from. I dont known when was the last time you were in KnM but id say go for a drive up there again today because you cannot see one bit of the field from the pub. You would want to be about 7 foot to see it above one of the walls on the roadside.

I was back there at a game less than 3 weeks ago . Id guarantee you I’d get in there no bother without paying if I chose to do so as it wouldn’t take much effort to do so .

The nonsensical names of our grades in Cork are just a legacy from the restructuring of the competitions. The naming of the grades was very important to ensure clubs supported the restructuring..
But Senior A is Grade B, Intermediate A is Grade D.. it doesn’t matter we can call them whatever we like but there is no getting away from that.
Cork A & B champions should be playing in the Senior & intermediate Munster.
No, they shouldn't. CNM would beat all of Munster barring Fossa. Kerry shouldn't be allowed send the 9th best club into the Munster Intermediate.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

John Smith

The White Horse, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼