2022 Premier Senior football

Connolly is a waste of time at intercounty Level we have all seen this in the past,time to move forward not back.He is 2 slow,doesnt work hard enough and giving away the ball at intercounty level is not acceptable.I think it says more about the state of Cork Club football when Connolly is the stand out player.
Too slow😂 I assume your a Barrs man or douglas a man as no neutral could say he doesn’t deserve a call up. Chased back the length of the pitch and put in a tackle in the vital moments of the game to put the ball out wide.

Too slow😂 I assume your a Barrs man or douglas a man as no neutral could say he doesn’t deserve a call up. Chased back the length of the pitch and put in a tackle in the vital moments of the game to put the ball out wide.
Forget about Club performances im neither club mentioned.Go watch Connolly in Kilnarney in 2021 against Kerry that is the day I hudge players not a club game and tell me what he did that day or any day in a red jersey.He is a club player not a County player there is such a huge difference.

Just in the door? Judging by yesterday’s performance I’d say a few of your lads were only just in the door during the week after the hurling😉

All jokes aside I’m disappointed for the Barrs, I don’t think anyone saw yesterdays hammering on the cards. McCrickard was a bigger loss than people realise, Twomey and CMM didn’t offer any threat and seemed to wilt on big occasion.
Wouldnt say the lads wilted. Twomey was arguably MOTM in hurling final with Cunnigham so wouldnt agree with that. He actually created first 3 scores for barrs before nemo got dominance in midfiled half fwd line. Myres murray just never got going.

Forget about Club performances im neither club mentioned.Go watch Connolly in Kilnarney in 2021 against Kerry that is the day I hudge players not a club game and tell me what he did that day or any day in a red jersey.He is a club player not a County player there is such a huge difference.
Giving the ball away cheaply at inter county level is unforgivable - one of the biggest differences in his game at club level is being able to pull off those highlight reel passes, which inter county defences are better set up to nullify
O Mahony, Hurley and Sherlock well clear of him at IC. Similarly, I would prefer to see time invested in the likes of Gore / Corbett given his age profile alongside how far off the top teams we are. This is a team building for the future as opposed to “win-now”

Connolly is an awkward one.
In the delayed 2020 final I raged at half time about him staying on the pitch. His sum total for the half was giving away a stupid free. Even in the second half he scarcely featured.

Of course the issue is that his scarce highlights were 2 goals 🤷‍♂️

Watching yesterday and against Castlehaven earlier there seems to be more about him since he was made Captain and the talent has always been there.

If he has a role in the Cork setup it would probably be best as a late game wild card rather than a starter, but I don't know if Cork really have the squad to carry a player like that on their bench.

I'm not sure if I could genuinely argue he should be back over testing out some other young forwards but the best time would be something like McGrath cup where you can gauge how willing he is.

I’d argue the opposite. Cork aren’t flush with forwards that can make a difference so they couldn’t do without including them in the panel for games. It’d be different for a Kerry/Dublin with 10/11 viable forwards competing for spots

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Not How When!

The Pav, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼