2022 Premier Senior football

Yes and Jimmy has 7 I think.
That’s 17 counties out of Nemo’s 23- incredible.
I recall an interview between one or the other saying Jimmy still has it over him with the All Irelands. Seriously impressive either way.

Apropos of nothing, Billy Morgan was playing golf with an unnamed Kerry footballer pre '73 and the Kerry fella decided to use one of his AI medals to mark his spot on the green

The difference between tier 1 and tier 2 is that a tier 1 team could win the county when facing the other 2 teams during their run.

The tier 2 teams would only have a chance at winning the county if they only faced a single one of the top tier ones.

Clon lost to the Barrs in 2020 and 21 (twice) and lost to Castlehaven and Nemo in 22.

Douglas are probably the best team you've beaten over that span and it's on the back that you're even in the conversation. Douglas have recently been in a semi final only but have actually managed to beat Nemo last year, a feat currently not achieved by Clon.

I don't see a clear separation between Douglas and Clon in terms of their achievements in recent years.
Clon lost to the Haven and Nemo by the narrowest of margins this year despite being decimated by injury. They should have won a county last year with a very young team. Clon are undoubtedly in the top 4, possibly top 3. Fully expect them to push on and win one in the next year or two with the next crop of underage talent coming through.

The difference between Clon and Douglas is a bit like the difference between Manchester and Newcastle United….I’m sure you can work it out.

Agreed we have some top quality hurling talent, we could in all likelihood be a dual senior club within 10 years.

2 cork minors this year and 1/2 others that were very unlucky to miss out. The conveyor belt is in good nick in Clon.
Just in the door, and in fairness you have made me laugh out loud reading that

Are you actually that delusional? 🤣

Very intense, no give up in the barrs in fairness but they let Nemo get on top early and it was so tough to string together enough scores to close the gap. Anyone in Togher looking for a scary costume to go trick or treating in can head down to the club shop in Trabeg 👍
Congrats Megalus, better team won, I was really worried that all the focus was on us beforehand as there is no better side to prepare themselves for a final than Nemo and unfortunately for us that’s how it played out. Enjoy the victory

Pity cobh juniors couldn't have Histon playing for them in county final he would be some addition...
Thought he was outstanding today. Quietly going about his business. Kept Myers Murray scoreless and hauled ashore then went on Sherlock. Made a few bursting runs and won a few vital frees in the defence to kill time towards the end

Nemo play a lovely brand. Think it suits Luke Connolly to not be part of the Cork panel.

Just in the door, and in fairness you have made me laugh out loud reading that

Are you actually that delusional? 🤣
Just in the door? Judging by yesterday’s performance I’d say a few of your lads were only just in the door during the week after the hurling😉

All jokes aside I’m disappointed for the Barrs, I don’t think anyone saw yesterdays hammering on the cards. McCrickard was a bigger loss than people realise, Twomey and CMM didn’t offer any threat and seemed to wilt on big occasion.

Very disappointing. Well done Nemo. Not easy to take but better team on the day won. I feared this that Nemo as underdogs was some dangerous animal. Also reading Luke Connolllys interview during the week he spoke at length about every subject except about the final.He was awesome and is obviously in a good place surrounded by club mates.

I recall an interview between one or the other saying Jimmy still has it over him with the All Irelands. Seriously impressive either way.

Apropos of nothing, Billy Morgan was playing golf with an unnamed Kerry footballer pre '73 and the Kerry fella decided to use one of his AI medals to mark his spot on the green
To be fair the Kerrigans have been some servants for Nemo, Cork & Ireland. Two absolutely genuine men & I’m intrigued to know if there’s any more of the pedigree on the horizon? People talk about the O’Sés of Gaeltacht but the Kerrigans of Nemo have every bit of the pedigree also.

Just in the door? Judging by yesterday’s performance I’d say a few of your lads were only just in the door during the week after the hurling😉

All jokes aside I’m disappointed for the Barrs, I don’t think anyone saw yesterdays hammering on the cards. McCrickard was a bigger loss than people realise, Twomey and CMM didn’t offer any threat and seemed to wilt on big occasion.
I think winning the hurling final took more out of the club that they realised. It was always going to be hard to lift to the heights required again after getting that monkey off the back. While Nemo “haven’t gone away you know” the scary thing for the Cork Club scene is that The Barrs are now definitely back….

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Darren K

The Pav, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼