2022 Premier Senior football

What correlation can you draw between those two things? Kilcoo are all Ireland champions. They’re from Down if you didn’t know. When did Down last win an all Ireland? And Barrs got to semi final…
Kilcoo won club all Ireland yes. Also they have a rift with Down county board. Cork’s football ended in 2012, with defeat to donegal. We do not have an inter county team capable of competing anymore. Hard to believe that there were over 40k at the 1976 Munster final replay with Kerry. Nowadays, we send out a team against Kerry with hope and fear and lucky if there’s 10k at the Pairc!

Embarrassing from Nemo. Utterly abysmal.

Hope this puts an end to daft notion that Luke Connolly is the saviour of Cork football. Because mark my words he’ll reproduce that kind of performance for Cork when the going gets tough, just as he has done numerous in a red jersey in the past.

Forget about Counties its when we play other Counties you see what you have and they are brutal end of.
Whatever it is about Cork county teams, they seem physically inferior to others. When we win all Ireland in 2010, we had a physical, fit team. We had 4 top class midfielders and frequently changed them at halftime. Ian Maguire is our best midfielder but cannot last full game.Nemo were physically dominated by Clonmel today, much the same as our hurlers against Limerick.

Again…. Barrs won the Munster club last year. Nemo won it 2 of the previous last 3 times it was played. Nemo have been beaten in Munster 4 times in their history. Skibbereen won 1 county and won the all Ireland in that year. What are you all expecting? They are not brutal, they’re a good side and were probably wounded by losing young Murphy to a hurling injury from last weekend. Off days happen. Clifford has won his junior county this year after losing repeatedly every year while winning all stars and being heralded as the second coming of Our Lord. Does that make him “brutal” every year until now?
I don’t see any of this Nemo side bar goalkeeper,at inter county standard. Some of those Walsh’s at Kanturk are at least big and physical, and could be progressed. Cathal O’ Mahony along with the 2 Hurley brothers are good forwards. Brian Hayes has potential. Bring back Aidan Walsh… absolutely nothing to lose!

Kevin O Donovan and Brion Murphy and Martin are Cork players the only good thing about tonight is Mark Cronin showing good form again
Nemo s 5th loss in Munster in 22 Championships i guess a good record dose not feel like it now after that pformance.

Give the Nemo lads a break lads. They clearly didn't put a lot of effort into winning this winter cup and
must have celebrated a fair bit in the last few weeks.
I'm not a Nemo supporter but I have great respect for their football team and their unmatched record within the county.
Best of luck to Clonmel, but they will know that they didn't beat a 'Nemo' team tonight.

Give the Nemo lads a break lads. They clearly didn't put a lot of effort into winning this winter cup and
I'm not a Nemo supporter but I have great respect for their football team and their unmatched record within the county.
Best of luck to Clonmel, but they will know that they didn't beat a 'Nemo' team tonight.
Don’t kid yourself! Clonmel were bigger, faster and at a different level to Nemo. The score line flattered Nemo, and they wouldn’t beat Clonmel in a month of Sundays! Quinlivan are times looked like he could waltz through Nemo’s defense!

The typical answer when a cork team are beaten in Munster. Nemo were an embarrassment to cork tonight. The Barrs must be kicking themselves, 9!times out of 10 they would beat Nemo but got caught in co. Final. We keep hearing about Nemo being the model that all clubs should copy , tonight they had lads from Kerry, Down and god knows where else. Where are the players they are supppsed to nurture and keep playing the game where other clubs fail.

When was last time we won anything of note? Year in, year out we fall flat on our faces. We have 2 good players,Sean Powter and Brian Hurley. There has been no youth development in last 20 years, and too much emphasis on fancy pitches, Astro turf, all season pitches blah blah blah

I think it shows the Barrs were v flat tired in the County final Barrs or Castlehaven are better teams right now than Nemo ...thats as poor a Nemo team as you would ever see....fair play they won the county and all as they can with a poor enough team....
Said it at the time, The Barrs will be kicking themselves for losing that final. Got carried away with all the hype & Nemo caught them. Clonmel much the better team tonight & are a very decent side. Should win Munster now.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cops and Robert

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼