2022 Intermediate A football

Anyone with predictions as leagues come to an end?
Have to say I can’t see any team that looks like they’re flying atm. Maybe glanworth did reasonably well in division 2 you could say.
It’s going to be a very close and competitive championship by the looks of things.

Have to say I can’t see any team that looks like they’re flying atm. Maybe glanworth did reasonably well in division 2 you could say.
It’s going to be a very close and competitive championship by the looks of things.
Has to be kilshannigs or mitchelstowns to lose

Has to be kilshannigs or mitchelstowns to lose
Ya hard to know though, I would’ve agreed with you before the league but kilshannig didn’t have a great league and apparently they’ve a couple lads on J1’s, injuries etc. emphasis on the apparently in that statement.
Mitchelstown camp seems quiet this year 🤔

Group A: Kilshannig: to semi finals automatically, toss of a coin between the others

Group B: Glenville, St. Nicks

Group C: Mitchelstown to semi finals automatically, Glanmire

Group D: St. Finbarrs, Aghabullogue

Relegation: Boherbue, Dromtarriffe, Kildorrery, Adrigole

Final: M town & Kilshannig
No automatic semi finals in this grade whilst there are still 16 teams there, the top 8 go into seeded quarter finals (1v8, 2v7 etc).

Mitchelstown and Kilshannig would be favourites for sure. A lot depends on the O’Hanlons being fit for Kilshannig and Cathail O’Mahony staying fit for Mitchelstown. They missed most of intermediate championship last year for them so important that they stay fit if either club wants to progress to premier intermediate.

Likely that Kilshannig, Glanworth and Aghabullogue will top their groups looking at the draw.

Mitchelstown, Glanmire, Millstreet and Boherbue a crazy tough group in comparison to the rest. Mitchelstown should top it but realistically any of the 4 could go through/get relegated. You’d assume Boherbue will be strong judging by how the junior A champs have fared in this grade in recent times. Michael Vaughan for Millstreet is back from Canada and is a serious operator at this level.

The fact that one of those 4 clubs will be playing premier junior next year when there are arguably 7/8 weaker clubs left in the grade seems strange but that I suppose that’s just the luck of the draw.

Outside of what will probably be the 4 group winners (Kilshannig, Glanworth, Mitchelstown & Aghabullogue), realistically any of the other 12 clubs could make a quarter final/finish bottom and be relegated.

All in all should make for an interesting intermediate A grade this year.

You hit the nail on the head there I’d say, you could say there are 3 weaker teams in glanworths group alone than any of the teams in the group you mentioned but as you said that’s the luck of the draw. Should be lots of close games this year and that means a good championship hopefully.

Even though it’s very close I’ll have a go.
My predictions are:

Group A:
1. Kilshannig 2. Adrigole 3. Ballydesmond 4. Gabriel Rangers

Group B:
1. Glanworth 2. Glenville 3. Kildorrery 4. St. Nicks

Group C:
1. Mitchelstown 2. Glanmire 3. BoherBue 4. Millstreet

Group D:
1. Aghabullogue 2. Ballinora 3. Dromtarriffe 4. St. Finbarr’s

Sticking with my original calls over on page 1 but wouldn’t say I’m confident in the slightest. Should be an interesting championship.

Any word on the Junior A winners for this season? I’m assuming they’ll avoid the Premier Junior next year and replace one of the third placed teams in Intermediate A but I haven’t seen that mentioned anywhere?

Sticking with my original calls over on page 1 but wouldn’t say I’m confident in the slightest. Should be an interesting championship.

Any word on the Junior A winners for this season? I’m assuming they’ll avoid the Premier Junior next year and replace one of the third placed teams in Intermediate A but I haven’t seen that mentioned anywhere?
I think they do go into premier junior

Even though it’s very close I’ll have a go.
My predictions are:

Group A:
1. Kilshannig 2. Adrigole 3. Ballydesmond 4. Gabriel Rangers

Group B:
1. Glanworth 2. Glenville 3. Kildorrery 4. St. Nicks

Group C:
1. Mitchelstown 2. Glanmire 3. BoherBue 4. Millstreet

Group D:
1. Aghabullogue 2. Ballinora 3. Dromtarriffe 4. St. Finbarr’s
Pretty accurate predictions I'd imagine perhaps Dromtarriffe could trump ballinora .
Glanworth are a bit of a dilemma there at this level since 2010 but the best I can recall they have done in that length of time is make a semi final or two. Apart from young O'brien not sure they have too many young players coming through . But they certainly have the luck in the draw.
Glenville are struggling a number of years. St Nicks are plummeting after many years being relegation escape artist's. While Kildorrery appeard in 2 or 3 finals that was 10 or 11 years ago but have struggled since and are far more interested in hurling .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Home In Ireland: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:30pm

More events ▼