2022 Intermediate A football

Town very overrated it appears. Looking at their previous results, it should have been apparent. Kilshannig fine team with all their big boys back.

Kilshannig 2-15 Mitchelstown 0-9. Full time.

Kilshannig were the superior team today both physically and football-wise. They were very strong on the ball, a very well conditioned team to be fair to them. I'd love to know who organises their S&C. I know Will Twomey from Kilworth has been involved in recent years.

Killian and Éanna O' Hanlon orchestrated things in midfield. They were both outstanding. Colm O' Shea kept Cathail O' Mahony very quiet, so quite that Cathail got blackcarded after being dispossessed out of frustration. Mark Keane was very quiet too. Éanna beat him hands down in midfield. Kilshannig ran at pace at Mitchelstown whereas Mitchelstown's attack was slower and more laboured.

Mitchelstown always show promise at the start of the year but fail to do it when at the business end of championship. They are certainly good enough to get out of this grade but they could miss the boat too if they don't do it sooner rather than later. I think Kilshannig should win it out now. Talk about finding form at the right time. They now seem to have a full squad and are now moving at full throttle.

Last edited:
Kilshannig 2-15 Mitchelstown 0-9. Full time.

Kilshannig were the superior team today both physically and football-wise. They were very strong on the ball, a very well conditioned team to be fair to them. I'd love to know who organises their S&C. I know Will Twomey from Kilworth has been involved in recent years.

Killian and Éanna O' Hanlon orchestrated things in midfield. They were both outstanding. Colm O' Shea kept Cathail O' Mahony very quiet, so quite that Cathail got blackcarded after being dispossessed out of frustration. Mark Keane was very quiet too. Éanna beat him hands down in midfield. Kilshannig ran at pace at Mitchelstown whereas Mitchelstown's attack was slower and more laboured.

Mitchelstown always show promise at the start of the year but fail to do it when at the business end of championship. They are certainly good enough to get out of this grade but they could miss the boat too if they don't do it sooner rather than later. I think Kilshannig should win it out now. Talk about finding form at the right time. They now seem to have a full squad and are now moving at full throttle.
Yea definitely hitting form at the right time. Especially the hanlon bros. Its always going to take time to get up to speed of championship football after being out for a year or more.

As I said in an earlier post if they had their shooting boots on against glanworth it would have any score you like ..Much improved on that aspect today .
Great to see the hanlons in full flow today. Kilshannig will be red hot favourites now whoever they play in the final and as a neutral I will be shouting for Kilshannig

Kilshannig clicked today. Full squad to choose from for first time since they played junior championship in Avondhu 2019 and good to see Cillian Murphy coming on too towards the end.
Killian and Éanna ó Hanlon outstanding as was Conor Mcmahon.
Amazing to think a draw against Gabriel Rangers would have knocked them out.
Mitchelstown never got to grips with them and at max got 4 from play out of their 9 points

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Noughty Club Night

The Pavilion, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼