Search results

1. Crankycorner

Oscars 2024 - Cork's Cillian Murphy Wins Best Actor

Cillian Murphy did it m8s. First Irish born actor to win the Best Actor. And more importantly he’s from Cork. Up the Rebels!
  2. Crankycorner

One4all vouchers

Is there a way of turning one4all vouchers gifted by employers into cash without incurring the wrath of Revenue? I can’t think of any but said I’d ask in case anyone has any experience of this.
  3. Crankycorner

John Bruton RIP

Sad news. Former Taoiseach John Bruton has died after a long illness.
  4. Crankycorner

Well now…

This will be interesting… https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41300410.html
  5. Crankycorner

The Trains

Is it just me or were the old orange trains better? Not as nice inside but they’d more character. You get the train to Dublin now and it’s like being in a crap hotel room for 2 hours. The decor is so bland. And the livery is hideous.
  6. Crankycorner

First car

What was your first car? Mine was a 1ltr Polo. Grand car but Christ lads it was slow. Hills were not it’s friend.
  7. Crankycorner

Most inappropriate place/time you’ve burst out laughing

Not proud of this one but for me it was when a buddy told me a buddy of his had rolled his wheelchair into a pothole, fell out and broke his leg. I know, I’m going to hell.
  8. Crankycorner

Slowest drivers on the road

For it it’s Yaris drivers. Never seen one go above 70 km/h. ‘Honourable’ mention to Clio and Micra drivers too. Delaying drivers everywhere.
  9. Crankycorner

The Seven Ages of Noel Browne

Fascinating programme. How different and better our health service could have been if the mother and child scheme was implemented. Fine Gael and John A. Costello come off really badly in it. The professions in this country have always had too much influence and the consultants, then as now...
  10. Crankycorner

Randy Meisner

Randy Meisner of the Eagles died on Wednesday. Take It to the Limit one of the great Eagles songs. Seems to have had a sad last few years.
  11. Crankycorner

Paul Murphy

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/protesters-target-family-home-of-td-paul-murphy-with-his-newborn-baby-inside-42447123.html
  12. Crankycorner

Liam Kearns

Liam Kearns passed away. Some manager. I’ll never forget Cork’s loss to Limerick in 2003, an awful day but he’s some team with Limerick that time.
  13. Crankycorner

Hopeless Labour representatives

The absolute state of this. Do they ever do, say or write anything on their own? Opposed tax cuts at the last budget but they think introducing a mandatory living wage would be universal. Incompetent. https://www.echolive.ie/corkviews/arid-41081711.html
  14. Crankycorner

Concerts

Wonder is there any chance of decent concerts in Páirc Uí Chaoimh next year. Sick shit of Ed Sheeran and Westlife are just a way for women in their 30s and 40s to relive their silly teenage crushes.