Ireland’s Best Ever TD

Crankycorner

Thought this would be interesting seeking as we are discussing who the worst is on another thread. A few examples of great TDs come to mind.

Jack Lynch was probably the most popular politician of the late 20th century and the last to be so universally liked.

Enda Kenny was a very decent man and politician who sought to do his very best without any self interest.

Des O’Malley and Albert Reynolds both stayed in the Dáil long after their Ministerial careers were over, you rarely see that anymore.

I'm not a Sinn Fein supporter, I'm apolitical for the most part but Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire is or, at least, seems like an honest broker.

In any dealings that I've had with him on local issues he's been forthright, knowledgeable and won't glad-hand anyone.

I'm not a Sinn Fein supporter, I'm apolitical for the most part but Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire is or, at least, seems like an honest broker.

In any dealings that I've had with him on local issues he's been forthright, knowledgeable and won't glad-hand anyone.
I know him some bit from my time in college, not a SF supporter either but he’s a very nice fella. As decent as you’d find.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Murry
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Nov 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

From Source To Sea

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼