Search results

1. J

Anti social activity in the city.. ekk

Gee so much anti social in the city these days - since the pandemic really.. folk drinking and burning crack or what ever it is they burn on tinfoil.. having their fights in public.. Stumbled upon fight this eve - on Winthrop street.. Things are bad in the city - day and night.. not a good...
  2. J

Blackberry picking..

Got a good few around Muskery Golf Course today - but someone had got there before us.. Anyone know of good places within say, a 10km radius of the city to pick em? TIA
  3. J

RIP Dervla Murphy

A formidable woman.. may she rest in peace.. https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/dervla-murphy-obituary-a-ground-breaking-and-fearless-travel-writer-1.4886092
  4. J

Cork Arts Theatre - Wake - by Irene Kelleher

I went to see this show the other night - last night tonight - I would highly recommend it.. https://corkartstheatre.com/event/wake/
  5. J

No tickets available for gigs/concerts that go on sale???w

Whats the story with this? happened us with Roisin Murphy - gig in 3Olympia in April - no tickets available when they went on sale at 10am a few weeks ago... and a mate tried getting tickets for Van Morrison in the OH today and none available at 9am - so unfair.. are they being held back for...
  6. J

Chattyboo's Adult Panto - Peter Pana

In need of a laugh? Then I highly recommend this... http://chattybooproductions.com/peterpanto/ Available to watch online... till Jan 15th..
  7. J

New Year's eve fireworks.. N Side..?

Happy New Year to you all.. we live up Cathedral Rd.. saw some great fire works going off last night.. looked like they wer all around the N Side.. St lukes esp.. did anyone here set any off or go to any of the displays as such etc?
  8. J

Cork Vs Limerick - show us your buntings!!

So, where in the county has the best decorations in support of the GAA Senior Hurling Final?? Up here on the N side there is a decent display of red 'n white.. but nothing worth traveling for.. So, show us your best?
  9. J

Party up Cathedral Rd?

Where's the party? (up around the Top of the Hill {pub} area)
  10. J

I need a wide open space?

So, I got me some tennis racquets and balls.. where can I go for an informal kick around within 5km of the city centre? A quiet - ish green space or an old handball/racquet ball alley? Or some kind of empty concrete space? Need to get some endorphins going? Man this virus is really bringing me...
  11. J

Nano Nagle Place..

went to see a Christmas Carol in Nano Nagle's Goldie Church yesterday - the play was fantastic but was bowled over by the heritage centre etc.. wow.. no lack of money there eh? ekk..
  12. J

name this beach?

anyone know the name of this beach?
  13. J

All Together Now... 2019

only 3 more sleeps woo hoo...
  14. J

Marquee - last year in current location, or not?

so is this the last year of the marquee in the old cork show grounds, or not?
  15. J

Anyone know this guy?

Being seeing a man around town and other areas recently - searching through bins.. assumed he was homeless but apparently he's not.. Anyone know his story?
  16. J

End of an era..

Bridie McCarthy's on Shandon St has closed.. end of an era,, such a shame..
  17. J

Storm Ophelia - any supermarkets open ?

any supermarkets open in or around the city centre??? wilton is closed - as is tesco paul street..
  18. J

Tori Amos - Cork Opera House Sept 6th

Looking forward to the gig - anyone going along? And any idea of a set list? Its her first gig of the tour so its a guessing game..
  19. J

Attack on Central Park Road - be care out there..

heard about a girl who was nearly attacked by a guy on a bike last night at 8pm (broad day light) on Centre Park Road.. he had a blade knife - but cycled off when a car arrived on the scene.. be careful out there.. dark or not
  20. J

Cringe personified!!! Diane Abbott

anyone hear this... dear dear lord,... jaw dropping to say the least... poor stupid lady