Search results

1. J

Pooping Naked

One of the girls at work has recently broken up with her fella. She said he was a bit weird. "..How so?" I enquired "For example, he told me he had to get entirely naked to poop...even jewellery, regardless of where he was" I googled this and it seems it is more common than I had thought. Do...
  2. J

SF "Thread of the Year" ?

Is there an official thread of the year ? Any thoughts ? I'm going with the Roy Keane Rant Fiction thread myself. So much great content from so many.
  3. J

Can anyone name the track ?

That drops in @ 17:17 in this mix please ? https://soundcloud.com/featurecast/featurecast-blam Shazam has failed me yet again.....
  4. J

Non-Racist terms ?

So, I was just saying to a guy at work..."Who's the coloured guy ? I know his face but can't remember his name" He said that was massively racist and I should say "Black" ...(which I thought was racist.) So.....in a situation where there are 2 guys of the same height, weight, hair colour...
  5. J

Bodhrán Prices ?

Hi all, Could anyone in the know tell me what's an average price for a performance quality Bodhrán? Thanks
  6. J

Re-Upholstery

Has anyone ever had a go at this on anything at all ? From a seat cushion to a sofa to a car interior ? I have a 30 odd year old Mini and the interior is...original. I know some nerds in the car world love this fact and will hate me for this, but I want shot of it. I want to make it more...
  7. J

The quenelle & racism bans

I've just read Tony Evans' editorial in the times supplement there. He is saying that Anelka should get a far longer ban than either Terry or Suarez for his controversial goal celebration. I'm struggling with this personally as I can't see that this was worse than the above mentioned players...
  8. J

Blackfish

Anyone watch this on the BBC last night ? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2545118/ It was pretty shocking stuff I thought, and to be honest, I had never really thought of it.
  9. J

Men's Watches

Is there anyone on here that can direct me towards a good quality watch brand ? I'm thinking of a watch in the £400/£500 range, not a £'000's Rolex or anything like that. Something that looks fairly uncomplicated, not with loads of dials and bezels and all that crap. I am no pilot or deep sea...
  10. J

Are you a Stand up Guy / Girl ?

Just read through the article linked below, and thought.....10 Marathons a year from just standing up ? ....8lbs of fat ??? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24532996 And I wondered, do any of you stand while working ? I have often wanted to, but found it unworkable due to the nature of...
  11. J

Darts Team name

Hi all, We're starting a darts league here at work and I need a good name for a team. Any suggestions ? Nothing Cork oriented as my darts partner is English.
  12. J

Lifetime Lab - Any good?

Hi Proc, I'm bringing the fmaily home in the summer and I'm looking for stuff to do with the kids (7 & 3) in case as is highly likely the beach will be out due to rain. Anyone been to this? Reviews on trip advisor are hit and miss. Cork folks seem to like it, although some refer to the lvely...
  13. J

The Death Penalty...Yay or Nay ?

I was watching Inside Death Row with Trevor McDonald with the Mrs last night and it threw up some interesting differences of opinion we had. https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/inside-death-row-with-trevor-mcdonald/series-1/episode-1 (We were watching Pt.2 not sure if it's on there or not yet) What...
  14. J

Fracking for shale gas been given the go-ahead in UK

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/dec/13/fracking-shale-gas-green-light So...Leitrim next d'ye reckon ? I really hope they don't start doing this in Ireland. There's just too many variables to shatter rocks safely IMO.
  15. J

Anyone Draw Comics/Comic Characters?

Hey Langers, I'm trying to start drawing comic book characters as a little bit of a hobby, The plan is to draw a few pieces for my son's room as he's crazy about most of them..Batman/Superman/The Flash...most of the ones we've all heard of. Does anyone know of any good books or sites that are...
  16. J

Thoughts?

Morning All, This is my workmate's band (he's the singer/rhythm) Whaddye think ? WJqgGrkyaWU Too commercial ? samey? or would ya listen to them on the radio/go to see em for a fiver? I'm heading home late in the summer and he's wondering if he should tag along and try and do a few gigs...
  17. J

VMWare - Ballincollig

Hi all, Had a sort of head hunting mail from these today. Anyone have any idea what they're like to work for ? Or what sort of state they're in at all ? May be a golden opportunity to come back to the banks, Or is this really a shitty time to be in Ireland? Thanks in advance JJP
  18. J

Choosing a Martial Art

Hi all, Just wanted to see if anyone had any input here for me. I did Shotokan as a kid for years and I found it a great way to keep fit and fend off the larger lads as I was a bit small in school. Also I liked the structure and the discipline that was incorporated. My son is four now and I...
  19. J

Thinking of a Change to a programming career

Hi all, Anyone here involved in programming on any level in any industry? I am stuck in a sales job that I fell into by accident after ...well to be honest after spending my original chance at university smoking weed and dropping out. Now I'm older (32) and wouldn't mind giving this career the...
  20. J

So Long and thanks for all the fish

Hi all, Just thought I'd say goodbye and thanks (again) for the laughs. I'm moving to a new job and this website is blocked from the company so I doubt I'll be around much from now on. Maybe once or twice a month in the evenings. So, From FeeneenFromSkibbereen aka JohnJoePo. Bye again. All...