Cork Minor Hurling 2024

shergar

I believe it's all down to the players themselves and how keen they are to develop and play at a higher level. At least 2 players who didn't make last years Cork minor team were called up to this years Cork U-20 squad and I believe at least 1 of those is still involved. Not making the county minor team isn't the be all and end all, there's ample more time for development and often respective management get the selection wrong.
Very true.

Very true.
No panel or team announcement until after training tomorrow evening.
Less than three days now before the game in Thurles and I for one hope that this group do themselves justice on the night.They have put in a huge effort over the last two and a half years.They are all a credit to their families and clubs.Rebels Abu.

They are all a credit to their families and clubs
How? Genuine question
At that age it’s largely down to the ovarian lottery, boys who are that level now because of inherited attributes, increasingly these physical attributes or possibly being born into the right environment. I think 90% + of it is due to genetics at that age.
IMO Plaudits go to the lads who put in the effort required on their part over the next 5 years to make a big contribution to their club and county. Plenty minors never do much after.
IMO the spotlight should be totally taken off these 16 year old children.

What club is Gearoid Manning from and what position does he play?

Last years Cork U-15's didn't look a strong team but they had some good individual players who are now mainly with the Cork minors.
I think he plays for Na Piarsaigh, on the day it looked like left half back. The city panel have been selected/finalised for their game v Down on Saturday (although i dont know who is on and who is not), Im sure the other regions have as well as the first games are all on this Saturday, so a busy week for a lot of Corks young hurlers, with minors v Tipp, City v Down, North Cork v Dublin, East cork v Kilkenny and West Cork v Galway........Best of Luck to all!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Phrases - Decks Out

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼