Recycle / Re-Turn

I've gone to my local return unit several times, not once have I managed to return all of the items successfully.
Either the machines were out of order, full, or wouldn't accept some of the items despite them being in good condition and having the required logo.
I've not had those issues. Maybe some locations are better at keeping an eye on their machines than others?

You have to pay somewhere along the line unless you are into fly tipping or rubbish burning.
The majority of our rubbish can be recycled for free at bring centres. Unrecyclable waste we bring to the dump and we pay for that. €20 for a car load, iirc.

My point was that we are not paying Wiser or whoever for a recycling bin, and then also having to bring our bottles to return them. I understand that people in that situation feel frustrated.

The thing that annoys me the most in my local supermarket is some people think they are exempt from parking correctly when using these machines.

Cars just pulled in all over the place blocking other people in an actual car park, all they need to do is park 10 yards away in a designated spot ffs.

The majority of our rubbish can be recycled for free at bring centres. Unrecyclable waste we bring to the dump and we pay for that. €20 for a car load, iirc.

My point was that we are not paying Wiser or whoever for a recycling bin, and then also having to bring our bottles to return them. I understand that people in that situation feel frustrated.

The Kinsale Road dump has a charge for recycling afaik, that reminds me that I have some waste engine oil to get rid of, they take that once it's no more than 5 litres, paint likewise, but it's not a free service.

Wiser are gowls to deal with btw, they drove past my house one morning without collecting the bin and I had to chase them down the road in my nightwear to make them come back and empty it, . (n)

I've not had those issues. Maybe some locations are better at keeping an eye on their machines than others?
Ya some of the busier places will fill more quickly alright. The issue of the machines not accepting items with the correct logo seems to be frequent enough.

But that must stink the house up with plastic bags full of rubbish no?

The Kinsale Road dump has a charge for recycling afaik, that reminds me that I have some waste engine oil to get rid of, they take that once it's no more than 5 litres, paint likewise, but it's not a free service.

Wiser are gowls to deal with btw, they drove past my house one morning without collecting the bin and I had to chase them down the road in my nightwear to make them come back and empty it, . (n)

Jimmy and MOE will be re-picturing that in their head for a while 🤣
They paid the Wiser guys a few bob to bypass your bins and see if they could tempt you out in your "nightwear"

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼