The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By middle Ireland I mean people who are home owners with plenty of disposable income to throw around on big cars, fancy holidays and so on, we're living at a time when a top of the range SUV costs upto 200k and they are selling at that price, the amount of 241 vehicles on the road alone will tell you that there is serious money splashing around the economy, that demographic are not going to vote for "change", sure, they are progressive on social issues but at heart they are neoliberals.

I'm the much same age as the rest of the bluffers on here and certainly younger than Sumspacer & Soundman.
I dunno if you know this but there was a time around the mid 90s early 20's when two people on an average enough wage could have built themselves up to owning multiple properties if they were smart with their money. Those people are now your landlord 😀. Impossible in this economy unfortunately.

I dunno if you know this but there was a time around the mid 90s early 20's when two people on an average enough wage could have built themselves up to owning multiple properties if they were smart with their money. Those people are now your landlord 😀. Impossible in this economy unfortunately.
This is the middle ireland that never had it so good btw.

Harris is uninspiring but if his main rival is McEntee then it's there for the taking imho.

My gut reaction when I heard Leo was going was that Paschal was a lock.

It sounds like Harris has outmanouvered him.

Pretty shortsighted stuff. Then again theyve proven they have no sense of what people want , in spectacular fashion in recent weeks

Last edited:
Those people are the very FG voters I'm talking about, try telling them that they will have to pay higher inheritance & capital gains tax to fund increased capital spending.

Or tell them that they're going to have to pay punitive taxes on their holiday homes in West Cork. 🤣

Those people are the very FG voters I'm talking about, try telling them that they will have to pay higher inheritance & capital gains tax to fund increased capital spending.

Or tell them that they're going to have to pay punitive taxes on their holiday homes in West Cork. 🤣
But I thought you said they never had it so good? When they have already had it better?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

The Hush

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼