Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He must have said something to the ref who I presume penalized him for exaggerating the foul.

At one stage the Cork crowd cheered a Cork free, as every free seemed to be going Offaly’s way.
Interesting. In a game Cork win by 25pts their opponents had 10 pts from frees to Cork’s 6 pts from frees. Seems like an extreme statistical outlier. Or Cork’s tackling technique is abysmal and massively poorer than Offaly’s. Or, more likely, a ref refereeing the occasion rather than the game.

If Lehane is to play I think he should start.

I always think it's easy enough to tell when Conor is on his game and going to have a good day. On those days he could fire over 7 points.

Conversely if he misses the first 2 or 3 attempts at goal the odds are that he's going to have a stinker and should be taken off.
Unfortunately this is often the case with Conor in cship. If he dosnt score in the 1st 10 mind, my dad, who is very fair on player says " Take him off, he's not on form today"...

Definitely tough job being a ref these days.
However as a group I have zero sympathy for them. The amount of games we lost due to anti Cork bias over the years is unreal. The GAA has it in for us.
OK, there is an anti Cork bias in play in the gaa. Between Donal Og"s ranting, Supervalu Park costs and naming rights, the previous selecting of fast light hurlers. Non Cork hurling supporters see Cork as abit of a joke but we brought it on ourselves as per above.

P Ryan teams last year gained some respect back. We lost the nice to play against tag and got stuck in.

Our u20s gained some respect back last year.

Lets see how this year goes but blaming refs has to stop. It comes across as just moaning.

Cship 15 v Waterford:

Collins
SO'D, Cahalane, NO'L
Mellerick, Joyce, R Downey
Roche, TO'M
Dalton, Fitzgibbon, Harnedy
Jack O'C, Connolly, Lehane

I can't expect Coleman will be match sharp to start so he'd be coming on at best. I'm not sure how far away Robbie O'Flynn is?

I personally think we need to be getting fast fast ball into inside line and hit lads long from time to time in the half forward line. Connolly and Jack in a 2 man full forward line have potential to be very exciting... Hoggy can still have a huge role to play for Cork this year. Finishing games along with Kingston.
I'm hearing Robbie O'Flynn will be fine for championship.

IMO only about two thirds of that team is good enough to continually play championship and you must be expecting Waterford to be really poor? But whatever about my opinion on the team for the 1st round development and progress mean nothing if Tommy O'Connell doesn't start mid-field or in attack.

Stop crying and whinging. The ref didn’t have hours to pour over a half dozen different angles of the decisions though did he?
You can excuse missing calls. You can’t excuse making them up. Cahalane did not pick the ball off the ground. He couldn’t have seen him pick the ball off the ground because he didn’t do it, That means he called something no one could’ve possible seen. That’s inexcusable.

OK, there is an anti Cork bias in play in the gaa. Between Donal Og"s ranting, Supervalu Park costs and naming rights, the previous selecting of fast light hurlers. Non Cork hurling supporters see Cork as abit of a joke but we brought it on ourselves as per above.

P Ryan teams last year gained some respect back. We lost the nice to play against tag and got stuck in.

Our u20s gained some respect back last year.

Lets see how this year goes but blaming refs has to stop. It comes across as just moaning.
The county board should slap a fine on club of any member whose rants bring Cork negative publicity. We don't need any anti Cork bias if we are to climb the steps of the Hogan stand this year.
BTW the only respect you get is winning - not being hard to play against or for getting 'stuck in'..

The county board should slap a fine on club of any member whose rants bring Cork negative publicity. We don't need any anti Cork bias if we are to climb the steps of the Hogan stand this year.
BTW the only respect you get is winning - not being hard to play against or for getting 'stuck in'..
Just asking but are you and the Highway man related?

You can excuse missing calls. You can’t excuse making them up. Cahalane did not pick the ball off the ground. He couldn’t have seen him pick the ball off the ground because he didn’t do it, That means he called something no one could’ve possible seen. That’s inexcusable.
What? He didn’t make it up. The game is played at a massive pace and he thought he saw a pickup. The sliotar was slightly off the ground. We know it wasn’t a pickup after seeing the replays. The referee doesn’t have this luxury.

I'm hearing Robbie O'Flynn will be fine for championship.

IMO only about two thirds of that team is good enough to continually play championship and you must be expecting Waterford to be really poor? But whatever about my opinion on the team for the 1st round development and progress mean nothing if Tommy O'Connell doesn't start mid-field or in attack.
TOC is nailed on to start in midfield for championship. I’d be absolutely shocked if he wasn’t

That’s great news about ROF. We definitely have serious potential to do damage in the forwards this year.

I’m quietly confident we’ll get out of Munster this year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4:15pm

More events ▼