Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Ffs lads, change the dial and move on from previous ref decisions. Let focus on we can control, our performance, refs are human and will make errors.

The penalty incident was a far worse decision by Owens, a replica of practically the same incident occurred earlier in the game but outside the penalty area and he gave a free out to Sean O'Donoghue which shows Owens to be inconsistent at least and this is a trait of incompetence in any ref. Another poor trait is showing authority throughout, it is common sense that when the ref is least involved then he/she is doing a good job. Standards have fallen across the board on both playing and reffing but ultimately this comes from the top within the G.A.A.

I'm not so sure TAN. I think LK have zero questions, unless they have injuries it will be the same 15 as it has been for years now. Clare have 3 spots with questions as you say and have a nicely settled spine to the team.
For Cork, if all fit, I'd say that Collins, SOD, Cahalane, Mellerick, Joyce, Downey, Tommy, Coleman, Fitzy, Tim, Dalton, Robbie & Connolly would all start. That's 12 already - so 3 questions - same as Clare. And I've not included any of Hoggie, Harnedy or Lehane - one or all of whom mgmt could consider to be nailed on as a starter. So I don't think we're quite as in flux as many seem to think. The tricky part if that there are so many, mostly equal, options for those last few spots and that throws up all the combos we see on here and elsewhere.

Cork, Tipp & Clare realistically will all come down to a point or two here and there to get the two spots. Impossible to call. Makes it exciting as f*&k though.
Agreed.
I think some people are making the mistake of thinking the Cork team is picked on PROC.
Pat Ryan said recently they already know most of their starting team.
Apart from Limerick who will probably have up to thirteen starters from the 2018 team(depending on injuries and jail sentences) we are probably as settled as any other county.

Incidentally, basically having the same team since 2018 is a huge strength but also a big weakness for the future.

I'm hearing Robbie O'Flynn will be fine for championship.

IMO only about two thirds of that team is good enough to continually play championship and you must be expecting Waterford to be really poor? But whatever about my opinion on the team for the 1st round development and progress mean nothing if Tommy O'Connell doesn't start mid-field or in attack.
He's definitely a match day squad option but he is a bit light. Could get blown out of it in the heat of C'ship...

100%, I'd have been wary of awarding the penalty as Gillane is well known to execute that hold, but almost impossible to tell in real time with 2 lads hanging out of each other

The pick up/hop is only clear from the replays and was a mistake but a completely understandable one. In truth DC should have secured the pick up first time and there would be no debate but shit happens

Most fellas you hear screeching about this stuff have never played the game or reffed at any level and expecting Sky Sports style VAR analysis in a much faster sport in real time :rolleyes:
And some fellas have played the game at every level...and reffed and umpired at top level games also
Speak for yourself

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼