2024 Junior A Football Championship

Good win for Ballinora today alright, think the semi final battle with Ballincollig prepared them well for anything to come.

Naomh Aban caught Eire Og out with a late goal last week and did well given it’s their first year up from B.

Went up 1-8 to 0-1, Naomh Aban pulled it back to 5 in fairness but it was always going to be just too much.

Delighted for the lads, there’s a serious team there, most of these won an U18 Premier 2 county a few years back and a lot of these are already intermediate starters. A few were in and around Cork panels also.

Anyone know the county draws? From what I’ve heard (and open to correction cause I’m sure I’ve missed something somewhere):

South-east: Valleys-Carrigaline

Duhallow: Croke Rovers-Duarigle Gaels

Carbery: Bantry-Ibane Gaels

City: Nemo-Bishopstown

Avondhu: Ongoing round robin

East Cork: ongoing

Muskerry: Ballinora

Beara?

Good win for Ballinora today alright, think the semi final battle with Ballincollig prepared them well for anything to come.

Naomh Aban caught Eire Og out with a late goal last week and did well given it’s their first year up from B.
yea better team won, missed a goal chance at 5 points down, the second half subs made it it a game

grenagh 5-8 kilmurry 4-15
mid cork b action here. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it myself I had a funeral. Anyone at it? favorites out at the penultimate hurdle.

canovee 7 Donoughmore 3-15
must be shock of the weekend ? County champions out to the boys from do-no-more. We’re the men in black and amber missinh a few? killmurry vs Donoughmore in the final.
Grenagh did well to close up the winning margin, Kilmurry kept them at arms length for majority of game was 13 point lead coming into last quarter. Grenagh gave good account of themselves at this grade after coming up from C last year beating Scarra last week although Scarra looked surprisingly off the pace. Grenagh spined by good young lads who are on their own development path but to title them favorites for this grade I would question your integrity.

Canovee will be disappointed with this one. They won the make up u19 B grade county with this team back in 2022 so will be somewhat surprised on what went wrong, one would assume they'd be riding on the crest of a wave after their Junior A county last year which was a relatively young team, definitely 3 or 4 starters u21

Results from selected u21 championship games
Liscarrol 2-14 Fermoy 1-2
great win 4 liscarroll against the townies !

mallow 1-8 clyda rovers 1-8
excellent game throughout both teams had chances to take the two points but a draw seemed fair. Great watch

grenagh 5-8 kilmurry 4-15
mid cork b action here. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it myself I had a funeral. Anyone at it? favorites out at the penultimate hurdle.

bnora Naomh aban. Ballinora mid cork champions. 3-11 to 9 points. there Won’t be a cow milked in waterfall for a while I’m sure 😉

canovee 7 Donoughmore 3-15
must be shock of the weekend ? County champions out to the boys from do-no-more. We’re the men in black and amber missinh a few? killmurry vs Donoughmore in the final.
Surprised to see favorites Grenagh out in the semi final. They were knocked out last year in the Semi final too at C grade.

I would expect Kilmurry to brush Donaghmore aside easily. I heard Donaghmore had a strong breeze in the first half which died down in the second half for Canovee. Few handy goals too and referee were giving them frees for fun. Kilmurry will be strong favorites.

Surprised to see favorites Grenagh out in the semi final. They were knocked out last year in the Semi final too at C grade.

I would expect Kilmurry to brush Donaghmore aside easily. I heard Donaghmore had a strong breeze in the first half which died down in the second half for Canovee. Few handy goals too and referee were giving them frees for fun. Kilmurry will be strong favorites.
Is Liam wall still underage

Grenagh did well to close up the winning margin, Kilmurry kept them at arms length for majority of game was 13 point lead coming into last quarter. Grenagh gave good account of themselves at this grade after coming up from C last year beating Scarra last week although Scarra looked surprisingly off the pace. Grenagh spined by good young lads who are on their own development path but to title them favorites for this grade I would question your integrity.

Canovee will be disappointed with this one. They won the make up u19 B grade county with this team back in 2022 so will be somewhat surprised on what went wrong, one would assume they'd be riding on the crest of a wave after their Junior A county last year which was a relatively young team, definitely 3 or 4 starters u21
Keyboard warrior

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼