Tidal pool in Cork

I've never been swimming there, but Ill bear that in mind.

Maith an fear!
It’s very user friendly and has lifeguards during the summer a large car park. They put in a slipway a few years back and there are two showers beside that. It’s not too deep even with the tide in and you can go parallel to the beach for quite a bit. Myrtleville is only around the corner and there are also showers down there and markers for a loop.

Knockadoon if you're down that way. There's a bit of a cliff walk there too. Its been about 20 years since went swimming there is the only thing
51BF72C9-724E-4483-94E5-E01196AB68BC.jpeg

Accidentally ended up down there today. Never been there before. Stunning spot. Tide was out but if the tide was in would be a grand swimming spot as it’s sheltered by the pier. Definitely giving it a go the next time.

I think Soundy, a few pages back, mentioned Rocky Bay. I was there today and only a handful of others. I think, over to the right, in front of the caves, there might be some tidal pools. Not sure if they're swimmable. I've always liked this one. It's just a small pool, maybe 2 feet deep. Maybe 15feet X 10feet. There are 2 large rocks that you can sit on and contemplate life, the universe, and other stuff. Or, you can float on your back and stare at the sky and wonder if the cliff will fall and pulverize you into a bloody mess. Nice spot though, just off to the right hand side of the beach.

Rocky Bay Tidal Pool 1.jpg

Rocky Bay Tidal Pool 2.jpg

Or, you can float on your back and stare at the sky and wonder if the cliff will fall and pulverize you into a bloody mess. Nice spot though, just off to the right hand side of the beach.

lol

I noticed on the left hand side it looks like that very thing happened. That path at the top is only about a foot away from the edge at this stage.

lol

I noticed on the left hand side it looks like that very thing happened. That path at the top is only about a foot away from the edge at this stage.
Never walked that. It looked to me that you would have to walk on private land to get to it. The usual signs are up: "Private Property" etc. When I was younger that wouldn't have bothered me but I now respect a person's right to not having people on their land, and anything that might happen to them. Like, falling off a cliff!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brógeal

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼