Tidal pool in Cork

Never walked that. It looked to me that you would have to walk on private land to get to it. The usual signs are up: "Private Property" etc. When I was younger that wouldn't have bothered me but I now respect a person's right to not having people on their land, and anything that might happen to them. Like, falling off a cliff!
Haven’t gone up there in years but it used to be popular enough at one stage. But you’re right! The walk down by Charlesfort or Ballycotton are much better/safer.

I think Soundy, a few pages back, mentioned Rocky Bay. I was there today and only a handful of others. I think, over to the right, in front of the caves, there might be some tidal pools. Not sure if they're swimmable. I've always liked this one. It's just a small pool, maybe 2 feet deep. Maybe 15feet X 10feet. There are 2 large rocks that you can sit on and contemplate life, the universe, and other stuff. Or, you can float on your back and stare at the sky and wonder if the cliff will fall and pulverize you into a bloody mess. Nice spot though, just off to the right hand side of the beach.

View attachment 11988

View attachment 11989
Inspired by you I took my kids to Rocky bay today. We had great craic altogether in the rock pools and I had a lovely swim.

Got most of the way home and them my small fella announces "amm, when you were swimming I took your bracelet and buried it in the sand so we would have some treasure to find, but then I forgot about it..."

Back down to Rocky bay to try and find said bracelet (present from my husband when the kids were born so huge sentimental value). No luck, so drove home, got a rake and drove back down there AGAIN to rake the fucking sand to find it.

Eventually it turned up, much to the relief of the small boy!!

I was cursing Rocky bay by the end of the day though ;-)

Inspired by you I took my kids to Rocky bay today. We had great craic altogether in the rock pools and I had a lovely swim.

Got most of the way home and them my small fella announces "amm, when you were swimming I took your bracelet and buried it in the sand so we would have some treasure to find, but then I forgot about it..."

Back down to Rocky bay to try and find said bracelet (present from my husband when the kids were born so huge sentimental value). No luck, so drove home, got a rake and drove back down there AGAIN to rake the fucking sand to find it.

Eventually it turned up, much to the relief of the small boy!!

I was cursing Rocky bay by the end of the day though ;-)
Next time you’re down that direction head over to Nohoval for a look as well

Next time you’re down that direction head over to Nohoval for a look as well

I've been there actually, only recently. There is a walk up the cliffs that gives amazing views! I'd love to kayak around there out to the sea stacks.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼