Tidal pool in Cork

Do you wear a wetsuit or just a swimsuit? I'm asking cos I'm thinking of getting a wetsuit
I decided last year to dump the wetsuit and see how it goes. You need about five or six “introductory” swims before you acclimatize properly. After that it was grand. Did pick up a cheap and cheerful Dunnes robe thing which makes the getting out off the water part more manageable particularly if there’s a breeze which is nearly all the time. I actually saw a woman throwing on a robe, getting into her car and driving off which took exiting the water to a new level. :)

I decided last year to dump the wetsuit and see how it goes. You need about five or six “introductory” swims before you acclimatize properly. After that it was grand. Did pick up a cheap and cheerful Dunnes robe thing which makes the getting out off the water part more manageable particularly if there’s a breeze which is nearly all the time. I actually saw a woman throwing on a robe, getting into her car and driving off which took exiting the water to a new level. :)
I have one of those, they are the job!

We go to Clonea every summer and jump off the pier there to swim. I would generally just throw that on after and wander home to shower and dress.

Two other things.

Two swim caps!

Cheap flip flops to get to and from the water.

There are also showers in a few beach locations including Myrtleville and Fountainstown which are handy.

No stopping ye now! :)
I am a complete wuss about stepping on seaweed and stones so I have swim shoes.

I hate swim caps -don't know why but I hate the feel of them. I would put on a wooly hat after a swim in the winter alright.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

15th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼