Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

If you regularly do 1300km in a day an EV is not for you. I would suggest however that such usage is very atypical and not representative of the average motorist. I'm above average at about 2000km a month and I have no issues. Other than one Dublin-and-back-in-a-day trip last year I haven't even fast charged in years (I'm in the game long enough that I used get it for free). A home charger is a must though - Tesla aside, public charging costs are a disgrace.

It should be noted as well that, despite appearances having owned four EVs, I am not in any way an eco warrior and my ownership of them comes down to the costs and drive - they really are buttons to run, and most go like the clappers. Last car before EV was a 3 litre petrol and I do find my eyes drawn to Audi S8s (4 litre twin turbo petrol) on Carzone these days...... sticking with the EV for the moment though!

An example: the BYD Seal AWD (which is a lovely looking car, with a fantastic interior, much better than Tesla) can be yours for ~€50k on the road. That yoke has 530bhp on tap and four wheel drive - it will leave a BMW M5 in the dust yet costs less than half the price (and that's before you get to the running costs). Insane value for money! Your average VW Tiguan is bones of 50 grand these days FFS. If they'd been around when I was buying last year I'd have found it very hard to say no.

Teslas are weapons. They are frequently seen on drag circuits in the US, outpacing traditional ICE supercars and American muscle cars.
You can get one here for approx €43k, the same price as a standard Hyundai Tuscon.

Yet they all survived unscathed. Imagine that!

Just admit it that ye are a bit of a snowflake in all this.

If you think the LUAS is dangerous try public transport in actual dangerous places like Colombia, Ecuador or Brazil. It puts things into perspective and while the LUAS can attract the odd idiot, the fact it, it's not near as dangerous as people make it out to be and certainly not as dangerous to travel by car instead.

The whole debate started with a Cork LUAS by the way, where some poster proclaimed it as dangerous, even though the thing doest even have planning permission yet.
As I said I understand you won't accept it.

I don't believe I have ever insulted
any one's intelligence here
Won't be starting now
So what are people afraid of?
Is it some drunk dude mouthing off? Is that dangerous? Or are people being snobs from not wanting to mix with the great unwashed, so that justifies spending 50k on a new car?

The facts are in terms of overall danger, you have a much greater chance of dying or being seriously injured in a car than on a LUAS. That is the undeniable fact here.
Feelings aside.

The Seal has a BYD signature 15.6" centre screen that is a major selling point, especially when people see how it rotates from portrait to landscape - it’s very impressive.

However, there are simply too many menus and too few buttons and controls. I really don’t believe having to rely on screens for basic functions when you’re driving is a good or a safe idea. Many manufacturers are doing the same with their cars, pushing the attraction of digital over conventional. It’s distracting and often annoying.

The secondary screen, which gives you your basic information, is too cluttered with small and hard to read icons. It’s over-populated and its screen resolution also means you are looking at more of your reflected face than the information you want.

🤔

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Live Forever - The Definitive Oasis Tribute
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

27th Jul 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Pa Mulqueen - Limerick

The Pav, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼