Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I like that team, the defence picks itself for me despite Niall O Leary playing well

I think I’d have Tim midfield and Sean Twomey wing foward. We would get a lot more value out of Seamus coming on rather than Sean

Robbie won’t start even if fit. If he does it would be playing Russian roulette with his career. Ease him in over the first two games. Hoggy will start

Mark Coleman and Robbie O Flynn will be on the first 15 by round 3 or 4
I hope they are smart with Robbie, he’s a big player for us.
Interesting call on Twomey over harnedy. Why you think we get more from ST starting?

I wouldn't go as far as your head examined trope
But I do think it funny that
lads think we have 6 better, match fit, performing forwards.

All these fellas naming Cork teams minus Harnedy & Hoggy would want their heads examined. Still our two best forwards when the chips are down. And that's not an insult, that is just a fact of life!

The thing with RoF is that because of the three injuries he's had over the past 15 months, he's barely played any hurling, and against Tipp last year he looked rusty until he took that ball on a scored a smashing goal. I am a huge fan of his, and there have been games over the 3 to 4 years where he has taken the game by the scruff of the neck and led the forward line through difficult patches, I just worry that we place too much faith in a guy who's coming into the championship cold.

I hope they are smart with Robbie, he’s a big player for us.
They surely will after last year
Interesting call on Twomey over harnedy. Why you think we get more from ST starting?
I don’t, I think we’d get more from Seamus coming on. Our finishing teams last year seemed as though they weren’t really thought out, although the subs did turn the tide against Tipperary, Seamus has much more scoring potential than Sean so I’d just be inclined to hold him back that’s all

Fawning over fake Praise from a County bankrolled by a Billionaire. Christ we have fallen. Waterford game is the wrong one for us, Davy has nothing to lose now and we are Deeply embedded in our "Cork Hurling God Delusion" . Clare game could be live or Die for us.

Waterford game is the right one for us - it will be a scrap from start to finish on a tight pitch, which is what we need. They'll set up to keep the scoreboard low (on both sides of the field!).

They often start out with a traditional 15 set up and then start retreating a couple of lads. Leavy will surely be sweeping, and they've found a serious defender in Mark Fitzgerald - he might even be at full back. They've a bunch of lads just coming back from injury so I think they'll be stronger as it goes on. They're not in the 'nothing to lose' zone yet but they might be after a couple of games.

They've loads of individual quality but because of their set up and their lack of real top class forwards they tend to be very low scoring. Barron is in decent form and appearing in the forward line now, Patrick Fitzgerald is fit, and Jack Prendergast also looks sharp. Mikey Kiely gave ED a tricky 10 mins when he came on in the league game also. It will be a proper tough championship game but we have clear advantages in certain parts of the field and I do expect a win. I’m slightly worried that we go and get the result with a ‘tried and trusted’ selection which comes back to haunt us a round or two later

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Flake The Gander

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼