Immigration Thread

This fucking dickhead needs to go. Pension or whatever. Sack him and remove him from government. He is fundamentally not fit for it.
How the f…k did that prize dickhead get a ministerial post?
He has caused so much irrepairable damage but will piss off with a big pension and get on the NGO/crusty adviser gravy train.

The Government haven’t done a good job on this issue however there is a difficult truth that must be faced up to.

There’d be less homeless refugees on our streets if bad faith actors around the country hadn’t either protested at centres where they were due to be accommodated or burned them down entirely.

The Government haven’t done a good job on this issue however there is a difficult truth that must be faced up to.

There’d be less homeless refugees on our streets if bad faith actors around the country hadn’t either protested at centres where they were due to be accommodated or burned them down entirely.
What the fuck are you shiteing on about?

From a story in today's IT about scam letters from English language schools impacting on their business

Some Brazilian lad Fillipe bought a fake letter for €600, tuition in the school is €1500 and they take an roll call at class.

Immigration services picked up on some error in the letter. Fillipe rang the school and they confirmed he wasn't enrolled there.

Now figure out this next direct quote from the article.

“It was a cheaper option, but I never thought it was something illegal, but under the table. I even called [the school], and they said I wasn’t registered with the school. I was really afraid. If [ISD] called them to confirm this, they wouldn’t confirm. And [the scammers] told me that the school was aware of this.”

The Brazilian man says, after rescheduling his appointment with the ISD, he saw no option but to edit the errors pointed out by the immigration officer himself. He used a free online service to edit PDFs to change misleading information and used this second version in the new application when his Stamp 2 student visa was approved. “I even got my PPS number,” he says. While he used forged documents, in the eyes of the State “I’m completely legal here”.

Full article:

Last edited:

‘Overwhelmed’ charity getting requests from immigrants to help them return home after Irish dream turns into nightmare

More than 200 eastern Europeans who moved to Ireland to work only to fall into a nightmare of poverty, addiction and homelessness were supported and helped to return to their home countries last year by a Polish charity which now plans to expand from Dublin into Cork and Limerick.
Barka admitted it has been overwhelmed by demand for its support services across Ireland since the end of the Covid-19 pandemic and the inflation crisis.
Hundreds of migrant workers are threatened with homelessness after being hit by surging inflation and soaring rents across Ireland.
The stress of coping with this has led many into addiction problems.

Barka – which was established in Poland after the fall of communism to help the needy – works with people suffering from health and addiction problems.

Critically, it works to help people reconnect with their support network of family and friends in their home countries.

Barka began its Irish operations in Dublin more than 12 years ago.

Andrew Keogh, Barka’s senior UK project manager, said demand for their services in Ireland has soared over the past few years.

“We have been working with the Dublin City Council for nearly 12 years.

"As in London, Barka develops close relations with foreign embassies in Dublin as well as other charities such as the Simon Community, the Franciscans, the Capuchins, the Merchants Quay Project and others.

“We have an office space on Dominic Street in Dublin and Barka workers visit hospitals, clinics, prisons such as Wheatfield, Mountjoy, Portlaoise as well as homelessness day-care centres.”

Wasn’t the illegal campsite cleared for the St. Patrick’s weekend festival?
I’d say as much for their own safety more than anything.
Aodhan o riordan on radio two days ago expressing his disgust at the campsite conditions on mount st and the filth people had to stay in,
Tonight he is on the news saying Govt clearing the site is for optics only,
Some tosser

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Underground Ovation: Open Deck Night

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼