Cork Minor Football 2024

Not sure to be honest.
Castlehaven and Ibane both had very strong teams in this year's u17.
Wouldn’t have much to do with it. Selectors prob don’t/can’t go to club games. It’s all about a players journey through Rebel Og and maybe schools football a bit too.
You have boys involved with this Cork U17s panel now who didn’t make their own club U18 teams this year!

Wouldn’t have much to do with it. Selectors prob don’t/can’t go to club games. It’s all about a players journey through Rebel Og and maybe schools football a bit too.
You have boys involved with this Cork U17s panel now who didn’t make their own club U18 teams this year!
How does that make sense? You don't make your Club team but you make a Cork panel?
That is crazy and makes no sense.
Yes school plays a big part in being selected. And your Club also.

Ciaran O Sullivan's son , is he overage? An excellent player.
And I know Bantry have someone too, his name just doesn't come to me

Cian O’Connor Na Piarsaigh should be there or thereabouts. A big strong boy with plenty of football and afraid of nothing. He was in with them last year for a look and I think turns 17 soon.

How does that make sense? You don't make your Club team but you make a Cork panel?
That is crazy and makes no sense.
Yes school plays a big part in being selected. And your Club also.
Your club will help you get on Rebel og at 13 or 14.. after that you are on your own I’m afraid, unless you are with a stronger club who have an established “player development pathway” in operation and you come on later

Your club will help you get on Rebel og at 13 or 14.. after that you are on your own I’m afraid, unless you are with a stronger club who have an established “player development pathway” in operation and you come on later
I agree , but surely if someone is on a Cork panel, they start with their Club team at same age ?
I think that's what was being implied on previous post by @Glasaboy ie there are lads on the Cork panel who can't make their Club team?

I agree , but surely if someone is on a Cork panel, they start with their Club team at same age ?
I think that's what was being implied on previous post by @Glasaboy ie there are lads on the Cork panel who can't make their Club team?
That’s not what I said Joe.
I said there are players involved who didn’t make their clubs U18 team this year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼